UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an A3 that has the concert system in it. I really want to play my iPod through it so was wondering if changing the head unit is the way to go. It must look original, be simple to operate and sound good. I already have a Parrot system in the car for the phone so that side of it is not important. If changing the head unit is not the way to go, what should I do? Money is not really the overiding factor.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
i have gone for a kenwood in my tt, a lot of the members on the tt forum have installed kenwoods as well, pioneer is another popular one, the kenwood sound is far superior the the sound from the concert head,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't find a Kenwood or Pioneer one that fits into the car and looks like original equipment. I need the red lighting to match the rest of the dashboard and the same surround. All the ones I see are gloss black or grey and look just like an after market one.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
the lights on the kenwood can be switched to red, mines black and matches the dashboard on the tt, will put a couple of photos up when i get home,

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
RNS-E? Not sure if you can connect the ipod to it but its got a couple of sd slots you can store music on. Plus its a satnav and OEM.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting, but my car is a 54 plate and I don't think it will fit. Need the smaller size one. Perhaps Blaupunkt will do one but I am having real difficulties finding a dealer near me, has anyone got any experience/pics?

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Presumably you're referring to the rns when you say it won't fit? It can fit but needs a bit more work. If you're not confident in doing it, look up hazzydayz / vwcruise. They can do it all for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts