UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

cant find any aero dymanic wipers that will fit my audi a4 1.9 2001 whent to a few auto places and they were for audis but didnt fit my car phoned main dealers and they said the dont make them for old audis only make them from 2006 onwards.

is their any place that sells them??

thanks

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
New arms but the mechanism should be the same. Try looking in a scrap yard for the mechanism off a b7 a4. Should fit.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I bought new driverside arm (cosmetic reason)for my A4 on '03' plate couple of months ago from Audi cost 30.98

Re: Stevee advice looking in scrap yards for mechanism Try the link below.I tryed them for leather interior for my motor no luck BUT found cloth seats in 2-3 breaker yards. My bro had result looking for side mirror for his seat.

http://www.1stchoice.co.uk/

They check 250 scrap yards/breakers for parts with no obligation quotes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah searched on ebay someone is selling wiper arms conversion kits for under 90.00 is it worth getting..

·
Registered
902 Posts
You want B7 wipers and blades from Audi, it's £90ish incl VAT for 2 wiper arms and 2 blades. The B7 is practically the same car just with different body panels! (Prices correct as of March 09)

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Ive heard that those conversion kits are rubbish, Like benjie said its the b7 way forward

·
Registered
902 Posts
May be worth going to a SEAT dealership and asking on a price for the "New" Exeo - it's a literal copy of the B7 A4 but with SEAT badges. Prices may be a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
been trying breakers without any luck looks like these b7 wiper arms are like gold dust.

is their any one who sells them and can you buy normal wiper arms now without chaning the arms or are they still the same design.

went to a few they said no looks like no onle will bemaking aero wiper for the earlier audi a4.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just odred some from auid main dealers for 67.50 just for the arms for the whole lot they want over 100 quid.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote user="Rustynuts"]

The Seat Exeo arms and wiper blades are about £90 for the lot. Rather than buying a conversion off Ebay I'd go that direction.

[/quote]

phoned them they said we need your chasis no and we cant sell them to you and reg no so no luck thier.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote user="Rustynuts"]

If you'd said I would've put you in touch with a Seat dealer who will sell them, and probably with a discount on top.

[/quote]

i still havnt bought them from audi yet just oderded them for now if you can send the details to us it would be appriated.

thanks once again for your help m8.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Give this guy a ring.

David Hawthorne 028 90 205100

Parts manager at Sere Motors, tell him Andy (Viking from Seat Cupra dot net) sent you. See what he can do.

Edit. Explain what your problem is and he should be able to help out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote user="Rustynuts"]

Give this guy a ring.

David Hawthorne 028 90 205100

Parts manager at Sere Motors, tell him Andy (Viking from Seat Cupra dot net) sent you. See what he can do.

Edit. Explain what your problem is and he should be able to help out.

[/quote]

thanks for help m8 but no luck in getting through been trying for last 2 days to but they set have been to busy so i bought the arms from audi fitted them today.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote user="Stevee"]

Take a pic mate, is it worth the money do you think?

[/quote]

il take a pic tomorrow for you its worth the money u will notice the diffrence right away no smearing the screen now clean smooth wipes.

real test will be when it rains but my bro has some on his car and they work quite good when its raining down really fast.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts