1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

just another little upgrade i want to do as they need replacing very soon ,

Is there an upgrade available ?

ie , like the aero wiper upgrade for the mkiv golf ?

cheers in advance and any prices would be great

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yes there is, cheaper then the MkIV too. All in, it's £90 from a dealer. I asked the other day when I piced up my cruise control stuff (also easier than on the MkIVI) as I would like aero wipers... they look HUGE though!

FYI, before vag-parts went under, their price was about the same.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers mate , i shall give them a call very soon ,

huge .... i hope they are not that big lol , i dont supose ya got a part number do ya ,

cheers matey ,

i also noticed ya have Accidental' remaped yours .....has it made much diffrence ?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Nah, they wouldn't give me the part numbers... I might go to someone else and get them cheaper! Though, with the £/€ rate, a dealer will probably work out best anyway.

Yes the remap is brilliant! Killed the clutch,m but that was to be expected. The pulling power is immense and all the way through the rev range too! Pull off's are cool too with the quattro! Bit of lag in 2nd from 5mph-15mph - but think this is normal. Mu MkIV was a remapped 90bhp with a tiny turbo, so I expect that spooled up much quicker.

I would definately recommend the remap! What age/mileage is yours?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers for the info that sounds not a bad gain from yours

mines on an 02 plate and its done 96k

so still should be ok ,

one think i have noticed even when i bought the car the clutch is high on the bite point

but doing a few tests to check for slip it does seem ok , just hope it doesnt go when i do go for a remap ,

cheers chris i did look at mikes webby but only see the TT ones ,

i shall give him a call [:)]

benjie mike is

vw speed

·
Registered
399 Posts
[quote user="benjie"]

Who's Milk CkB, come on, dish!

[/quote]

LOL as J said it's Mike @ VW Speed... Who the feck is Milk anyway?? *creased up chuckling* I've never heard him called that before [:D]

C

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
A pear of the aero wipers would be a nice upgrade for me too.........so would cruise.

do you get a new stalk with the cruise? how much?

·
Registered
902 Posts
I checked vwspeed too actually.

Cruise is about £50 all in from a dealer if you have a multi function steering wheel. Add £80 to that if you don't have it... the MFS already has the required module thing.

I'm a bit hacked off though, audi supplied mine and I've come to fit it and there's a whopping great screw missing... I wonder if it's a separately ordered part?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts