UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just interested who watched the 3 party leaders on ITV last night and what your thoughts were? Not particularly bothered who gets your vote in the election if you want to keep that to yourself.

I watched because I don't feel that I have enough knowledge to make an informed opinion. I thought I knew who I was voting for ("routine" Tory vote, for me) but heard a few bits of the Lib Dem's manifesto that got my attention so wanted to learn more, hence watching the debate last night.

I thought Nick Clegg came across well. As much of a contradiction as this statement is, he came across as nervous, stumbling over his words at times, yet quite relaxed. David Cameron and Gordon Brown just appeared to be sticking to a script, whereas Clegg seemed to be addressing the questions asked.

I'm still undecided. There's certain issues with the Lib Dems that I don't agree with. However, they're the only party who appear to be being reasonably honest with the voters.

What was everyone else's opinion?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Didn't watch the debate last night. I'm in William Hagues constituency, and he's got it sewn up. He had 60% of the vote last time round, so it's fair to say he's not gonna get ousted without a severe push.

As a consequence of this, I'm voting tactically this time.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a great Hague supporter then Rusty? [:D]

I agree Dave but someone has to be PM so I'd rather put my vote to use. Will you vote?

I thought 90 minutes of politics would bore me to be honest but I found it interesting. It would have been better if there had been a more natural "flow" to the debate rather than Alastair Stewart (I think!) interrupting to move things on. I think there's more debates to come so I'll be tuning in to those too.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Oh, William Hague is a decent sort of bloke. He was relatively unscathed in the "expenses" scandal, and that stands anyone in good stead. He lives just a few miles away from me aswell. The trouble is, you vote for a politician to represent your particular area, and then they all vote how the main party tells them to. Not quite the democracy we're told we have.

Personally, I stopped trusting Labour when Tony led us wrongly to Iraq, and Gordon started pilfering anything he could tax and wasting it on pointless schemes and "public enquiries" into pointless schemes which went wrong. Lib Dems don't have a hope really, Conservatives are the only realistic chance of change from the pack of twats we have at the moment, and my vote won't change my seat at all. So I'm voting for a shake up and a scare for all the big parties, just so that they get an idea of what could happen if they don't sort out their act. UKIP don't have the teeth to scare anyone, so I'm voting BNP.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
[quote user="davemk"]

I agree Dave but someone has to be PM so I'd rather put my vote to use. Will you vote?

[/quote]

Yes i have a postal vote dave, but the party i vote for never gets in, i voted labour for 33 years, so i do not vote for any of the major parties, there only in it for themselves, just look at the pay rise they awarded there selfs this year

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote user="Rustynuts"]

Personally, I stopped trusting Labour when Tony led us wrongly to Iraq,

[/quote]

[:-*] - <basil fawlty> don't mention the war </basil fawlty>

[<:eek:)]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts