UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found 2 sets of coilovers on ebay for £250! thing is theyre in belgium so not 100% which one to buy any one any ideas? the links are

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOP-QUALITY-COILOVER-SUSPENSION-KIT-AUDI-A3-S3-8P-NEW_W0QQitemZ390071642138QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5ad214e81a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

and number 2

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COIL-OVER-COILOVER-AUDI-A3-2003-8P-ADJ-SUSPENSION_W0QQitemZ110390053686QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item19b3c28b36&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

also how do i find out the diameter size for the strutt tops as i need to tell them on ordering? need to order asap as my back shocks have been leeking and now theyre shot!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that was my first thought so i think ill be goin for that one, just gotta find out the strutt size now and sort out ordering them cheers mate

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would always question putting on susension onto a car that is cheaper than the OEM setup! You have to ask yourself about the quality ofthe ride etc! I'm sure many of these cheap kits are fine for slamming your car... But what are the ride?? I'm getting some weitec gt on mine.. 500quid so should be a quality bit of kit!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know they're cheap but hottuning seems be well used on mkivs so im thinking of trying them, i don't mind a hard ride as i use alot of dual carriage ways and bypass's so not many potholes or speed bumps. Do i need any other bits i.e roll bar drop links or anything? Did look at a few more sets but there half price to most so gotta be worth a shot?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was thinking go as low as possible on the rear and investigate the fronts probably go as low as i dare and see where it sits with the arb maybe get drop links and leave the arb standard see where it sits though first?

·
Registered
496 Posts
weitec is the best value for money kti out there in my opnion.

Mikey with the bentleys or merc wheels is running them and he rates tehm as far as i know

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
double price though as far as i know? i think ill give them a try as they are a big saving and can report back on ride/handling! i need them asap so i gotta look cheap as not got alot of spare cash atm, should have enough at the end of the month to buy them and drop links so i think thats the way i need to go will have a look around for the weitec ones though as may find a bargain!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well.... i have bid on both just awaiting replys lol going to play them against each other and see if i can get a >£200 price off one of them, at least then if they are crap i can just slap them back on for £150 and someone will get a bargain!! also anyone any idea what 40mm lowering springs would be worth second hand? prob done 4000 miles since new?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
got him down to £235 with best offer but ran out of chances now so ill have to move onto my dads profile later on in the week see if i can get him down a bit more!! i offered £100 to start with lol and he cam back £245 lol no chance of a big saving i think!!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
There's a thread at the Moment Gav over on mkivs of a guy with a mk4 that is fed up of the harsh ride of weitec. Think he was going to try to improve it by changing to anni bump stops...

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i was reading that this morning, thats the reason i dont want to spend a fortune on coilies, as if i dont like the ride of a cheap set i can just bin them whereas if ive spent 5-800£ on them its a bigger sacrifice if you cant sell them on!! hopefully order them end of the month so will be working on getting him down a bit more on price lol apparantly i can use my own tops off the standard shocks?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts