UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to replace all my engine mounts due to high milage wheres best place to but them from ?

·
Registered
607 Posts
ive been searching for ages now cant find where i found the mounts listed[:(] i found uprated ones but they're more expensive. have you tried ringing round autospares shops? if gsf dont do them might be dealer only tbh. powerflex do inserts for the rears to stop movement but not sure about the sides?

·
Registered
607 Posts
its an insert on the rear mount at the bottom of the engine apparantly stops the forward and backwards movement on acceleration/let off,which now happens hell of alot with the extra torque!! have you been in one with the mounts changed? was it all the mounts that had been changed as i only really need to do the back one, but i dont really want to compramise on comfort as its a daily.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i just did the rear one on my polo gti 1.8t and it makes a big difference on engine movement but you dont notice any effect on power delivery etc or performance gains! you will feel it wen you use air con and the clutch will loose the bite it once had cos less take up in the engine and transmission if ya get me cos it vibrates more so you slip the clutch more , mine was a vibra technics full arm and bushes !

·
Registered
607 Posts
[:(] not looking too good for them then i dont mind it as long as it doesnt knock me about i just dont like how my engine seems to jump when it gets a taste of right foot!! i dont want any more performance just the feeling of the engine moving to be a bit less

1 - 18 of 18 Posts