UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering guys?

i might take ownership of my aunts TT if i can get insured pending insurance....

I want to do a trial on hers but she wont let me :( lol

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our LCR was runnning a stage 2 apr map and that was a beast but dont really remember it as it was a few years ago before i had a driving licence - just remember it use to wheel spin alot

Hmmm - should be a monster judging by your commets :D

·
Registered
399 Posts
The only thing I find with the 1.8T engines is you don't get any low down power, although I've not tried it with a remap to be fair.

I suspect you'll find an all-round smile-burning increase with a remap, and if you want the extra traction, you'll want to upgrade your Haldex controller too. I'm not on commission I swear (although some of the uk-mkivs lot accuse me otherwise [;)]) but they are awesome bits of kit [y]

C

·
Registered
399 Posts
500-550 for the controller, and I gave it to AMD to fit (just under an hour) cos I'm a wuss [:)]

In theory it's a ramp-up the car, unclip cables and unscrew the little box from the bottom of the car and replace. You'll prob need a small bottle of haldex oil in case you drop any, although fi you've got it off you might as well do the oil change whilst oyu're there.

I leave fiddling with cars to mechanics, and I stick to IT [;)]

C

·
Registered
21 Posts
Haldex schmaldex! Defcon mod is where it's at [:D]

Now that combined with a sports haldex? Oooh, I'm going all goose-pimpley just thinking about it! <runs off to count pennies in piggybank before September......>

Jon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
When I first had my TT done I remember not believing the difference it made!

We are currently offering some great packages deals on the Custom-Code phase 1 software, which include the Forge 007P diverter valve and a Green Cotton Panel Filter.

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/deals/7/phase-1-remap-package-deal-18-20v-t-dbw

If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to ask!!

Have a great New Year!!

Seb Hampson

Parts/Sales Advisor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts