UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking on camskill at tyres. Anyone have any views on these tyres?

PIRELLI TYRES / CAR / PIRELLI P6000 POWERGY PIRELLI P 6000 POWERGY - 205/55R16 91V (J) TL

GOODYEAR TYRES / CAR / GOODYEAR F1 GSD3 EAGLE GOODYEAR F 1 GSD 3 - 205/55R16 91W TL

Falken FK-452 205/55 ZR16 91V

Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response
http://uk-audis.net/forums/rshop.pl..._pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=124&sowigan=So

205/55 R16 91V with rim protection

Anyone had any experience? Im currently running Dunlop Sp Sports....find them to be good in the wet and dry

·
Registered
425 Posts
Not sure about the P6000 but the GSD3 grip like no ones business! But i dont think the V tred is that good when it comes to straight line grip... best round corners!!

Just got conti Sport contact 2 on mine (as u may have read) they seem much better stright line grip and just as good in the bends.. and they arent worn in yet!!

Rich

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting good tyres is a must - could mean your life one day...but want some that can last too....we put up around 15k a year in it. Used to be alot more.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
i used to have pirelli p6000 on my last car although in 17s, wi personally though they were very good tyres

but i know quite a few people who swear by continental sports 2

·
Registered
902 Posts
I used P6000's and Goodyear F1's on 17's with my old MkIV. The F1's were great all rounders (not snow!) but I found them to be a soft tyre and not last that long. The P6000's were average for grip and a bit better for wet handling than the F1's I think. But the 50mph+ noise from the P6000 made them awful. I'd never touch them again. Personal experience though, just my 2p!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Got to be conti sports or any decent goodyear rotationals,had toyo's,bridgestones,verdsteins,pirellis and loads more but still would go back to them two everytime

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive not heard much about the conti sports. Im going to do some looking into them.

If not then i think a set of F1's.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Everyone goes on about eagle F1's but i found them not amazing in the wet and too soft compound so they wear out in no time and that was on a 1.8 astra with less grunt than a piglet so not as if struggling for grip when foot planted

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
About a year and half just over if i remember correct which you may think is not bad but i only used them as over decent weather and had different wheel and tyre set up for winter,the car wasnt scrubbing them or anything everything suspension wise set up perfect,all mates had cossies etc at the time and they had put them on there's and raved about them until they had the same problem of getting money out to replace them sooner than thought would be required

·
Registered
607 Posts
ive got marshalls tyres on at the minute and must admit they seems to take the crap pretty well and grip well wet/dry, only trouble is they spin in the wet but go round corners fine?!?! i was looking at conti sports yesterday whats the wear like on these..... i got a heavy foot and like to drive with tc off!! are they hard or soft compound and is £86 a tyre 225/40 18 a good price?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Mate go for the conti's there hard wearing but the compound doesnt seem that hard very grippy and low noise which isnt normal with tyres that last but brilliant all round all weather tyres,again personal opinion but if you have any trouble i cant see why,had them on mapped 150gttdi and there was only them and the goodyears which would grip instead of spinning when giving it some taters,there crap for a couple of hundred mile till you get the sheen rubber off

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Might give them a go then this time leach [Y]

·
Registered
425 Posts
[quote user="gavnayshgttdi115"]

is £86 a tyre a good price for contis?

[/quote]

Not sure.. have a look on blackcircles and camskill!!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Camskill are good prices they are equal what we get them at from our supplier the only trouble is you will have to have them fitted some where so that place because you havnt bought the bulk of the price from them will charge you then for valves,balancing,tyre disposal etc where needed probably adding up to £30 ish for 4 tyres,so with common sizes its worth ringing round on the off chance anyone has any offers on

1 - 20 of 23 Posts