UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so whos been adding toys to their A4? so far on mine ive retro fitted the following.

DIS system with a new wiper stalk,

scuttle cover from a RS4 / CAb models to hide the battery etc,

B8 rear aero wiper,

to come is:

light pack for the interior an puddle lights, plus no doubt a few more things...

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I was thinking Armrest with Ipod connection.......i love the Audi satnav but i think they are 600 quid. Not a cheap upgrade......

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the arm rest in mine and its royal pita! but I still love the pose factor of having it [:D] it spends all its time folded up but with out it there its just looks empty and un finished to me,

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Ive been in a few and they seemed creaky, obstructed the handbrake and was abit of a nussance!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I adjusted my handbrake so its at the point i can park my car at an angle without it sliding down the hill but it just touches the armrest and it doesnt get in the way of my A3 - infact, Id be lost without it - i use it alot..

Mines DSG anyways so it wouldnt get very far if it did start rolling down a hill..

as for retrofits - Not retrofitted "much" as my A3 seems to have everything already...

i was thinking heated seats on my A3 with a loom from kufatec but the heated elements look an arse to fit so may look for some leather seats with the heated elements in already (maybe some buckets :p)

I bought them aluminium trims for the door but sold them as i preferred my back ones

Ermm...you can fit LEDs on the interior but you need a resistor to make sure they work.

Retrofited S3 front 345mm brakes and 312mm rears, S3 Mirrors and votex bodykits in my bedroom waiting to be fitted...

Brakes make all the diff and even a few months on, i still find myself stopping way to early for junctions (but thats becuase I've only done 3000 miles since I've owned her and thats 95% m62 motorway miles :S)

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Wow thats a serious brake upgrade! How much did they set you back?

How do they feel better than oem?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
on the handbrake the big factor is how the rear brakes ahve been set, they are very tempermental if not done properly. my dads A4 they were crap, the brakes felt a bit pants and the hand brake was super stiff and struggled to get 2 clicks but woudlnt hold properly.

the key is to take the rear pads out, make sure they are clean ( a bit of wet and try to clean the face if they havent been set up properly and look dirty) then wind the piston back in, refit the pads, then and this is the key thing.

1) pump the brake pedal 10 or so times for the full stroke and hold,
2) while holding the pedal down now leaver the hand brake up and down 5 - 10 times to set the ratchet action.

now let of the brake and double check the hand brake 5 or so times,

then go for a drive and while on the flat and straight and coasting at 30mph or so push the handbrake button in, and pull up, then hold for a min and let off, do this 2 or 3 times to re-bed the pads.

you will now find you have a brillant hand brake that should be 2 -3 clicks for a brillant hold and a brake pedal that feels little better too. and will get better as the pads bed in.

(did i mention im a nerd too [:$])

·
Registered
496 Posts
[quote user="Stevee"]

Wow thats a serious brake upgrade! How much did they set you back?

How do they feel better than oem?

[/quote]

About £550 all in but you can buy the fronts in red from Seat new for £555. I got the rears too and they cost a similar amount to the front so didnt do too bad!

Got them second hand with 7k on them and just changed the front pads with mintex.

Wasnt that hard to do and made the world of difference! Handles teh remap with ease!

Fills up my 18s aswell :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
[quote user="M7R"]

on the handbrake the big factor is how the rear brakes ahve been set, they are very tempermental if not done properly. my dads A4 they were crap, the brakes felt a bit pants and the hand brake was super stiff and struggled to get 2 clicks but woudlnt hold properly.

the key is to take the rear pads out, make sure they are clean ( a bit of wet and try to clean the face if they havent been set up properly and look dirty) then wind the piston back in, refit the pads, then and this is the key thing.

1) pump the brake pedal 10 or so times for the full stroke and hold,
2) while holding the pedal down now leaver the hand brake up and down 5 - 10 times to set the ratchet action.

now let of the brake and double check the hand brake 5 or so times,

then go for a drive and while on the flat and straight and coasting at 30mph or so push the handbrake button in, and pull up, then hold for a min and let off, do this 2 or 3 times to re-bed the pads.

you will now find you have a brillant hand brake that should be 2 -3 clicks for a brillant hold and a brake pedal that feels little better too. and will get better as the pads bed in.

(did i mention im a nerd too
)

[/quote]

That sounds easier that fiddling with the cable :D

I'll give it a shot to see if i get any improvements on my car!

Thanks for that mate!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cruise - could'nt do without it now, rear parking sensors and Audi ipod connector. All done by a mate who is an Audi tecnician.

Looking now to put in the Dension unit so that the DIS displays track names etc

·
Registered
91 Posts
It started with the RNS E instal inc double din cage

Then a cheap one [:p] the front dome light ambient led light Cheap Cheap

Next came the auto dim rear view mirror inc new screen for a later mod of auto wipers

And the last one OEM xenons

·
Registered
265 Posts
[quote user="j40hnw"]

It started with the RNS E instal inc double din cage

Then a cheap one
the front dome light ambient led light Cheap Cheap

Next came the auto dim rear view mirror inc new screen for a later mod of auto wipers

And the last one OEM xenons

[/quote]

And thats not including my long list of extras lol [:O]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts