UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to free up a few more horses from my new purchase and exhaust can sometimes do the job, I'd like to improve the noise to, nothing too muppety just a nice burble if you know what I mean. Do people go for full systems, cat back or what, what price am I looking at for a decent system?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Miltek would set you back £450-600. A custom exhaust is normally about half that.

·
Registered
607 Posts
i always said miltek were over priced but now i got one(on a gb) £420 i think it was for a turbo back it sounds great and there was a definate power gain and alot better breathing for the turbo. had alot of people tell me how nice it sounds when i go past them!! get in touch with jbs on the old group buy thread on uk-mkivs.net im sure they will sort you out a good price. got some pics on my phone from when i was under it last weekend if i can find my lead ill upload them

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I have argued this a bit on ukmkivs,i had a milltek on my gttdi 150 golf and noticed a lot of difference with responce and pull,spool times etc to which half of people who replied seemed to disagree but they might have been the ones too tight to try it but i would say go for it milltek or not but the milltek even though expensive are very well made systems

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Is it worth going for a custom exhaust as its half the price?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Couldnt tell you to be honest only thing i had a custom one on was my nova and corsa and to me they were poorly made joined and welded etc but cheap and at that age its what i was bothered about,but i like the millteks but heard good stuff about blueflame also which are supposed to be cheaper

·
Registered
510 Posts
i think with the miltek and 'names' you might pay for the extra research and development that you dont get with custom jobbies.

me personnaly, im planning on an ebay decat and then make my own with parts available from pipe werxz

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Im going to go custom, just because i dont want to pay £650 for a miltek. I know they are fantastic but...needs must

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a Miltek on my 306 GTi-6, a decent enough exhaust but way too loud, and I'd gone for the quiet option! I know a great place near ne that have put custom decat pipes and exhausts on my 200SX's beofre and they were excellent quality and cheap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a full (resonated) Miltek with DeCat. Lovely sound (not too loud) and definately more responsive. Bit pricey - but just meant I had to save for longer [:)]

·
Registered
34 Posts
I managed to get my Janspeed cat back from ebay @ £240! always worth an offer as it was listed for £300.

Mines the resonated system, plenty of bark and rip once the turbo comes to life tho :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would definately recommend the Millteks, for the research and development which goes into every exhaust system to ensure the best. The quality of their product is second to none!

Check out the JBS website for the current prices on the Milltek systems, as you may be shocked on the prices [:D]

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/listing/45/cat-back-systems

If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to ask!

Seb Hampson

Parts/Sales Advisor

1 - 16 of 16 Posts