1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just to be a bit nosy, what do you do, where are you etc

ill start then

born and bred in bolton

im a mechanic, did my apprenticship at skf vw in bolton, fell in love with most things vag,

now at vauxhall dealership in salford. been a tech for 11 years now

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I have a Cleaning business. Industrial, commercial, domestic. Its good money but im not sure if i want to do it for life.

Im 3 years into a marketing degree, but where it will take me im not sure!!!

Am mad into vag stuff. Spend alot time fixing / servicing family and friends cars.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Service engineer, i work for an industrial gas turbine group, mainly offshore, at the moment i am working in the southern sector , north sea

its a good job plenty of time off, so i can pursue my hobbies, fishing , gardening and cleaning the car

·
Registered
425 Posts
Musician... just about as far removed from cars as it gets! But it does mean I get to spend hours in my car driving all over the country!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yep sure...

Clicky (Stupid name i know... wasnt my idea)
Our Myspace
Our other Myspace

I can guarantee it will NOT be what your expecting!!

Did glasto this year with Tony Christie too... this was taken on the Pyramid Stage!

Its a bizzare and wonderful line of work... just wish it paid a bit better!

Rich

·
Registered
425 Posts
[quote user="dougall"]

nice work rich, like 'put a spell on you'

[/quote]

The girl singing that has just been signed to Decca too!! [:)]

·
Registered
390 Posts
Painter & Decorator

House trained!! i.e. City & Guilds Apprenticeship ( worth nowt nowadays)

over 30yrs experiance - giving my age away now!!!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Parts manager at an insurance approved accident crash repair centre and also often caught hanging around down at statller performance in sheffield,been doing the parts job at since doing yt computer course at college and same as ADEY with the city and guilds certificates apart from mine were in various computer skill which are now worth probably a bit less than zero,but like to think ok at my job seen as only been at 2 firms in 15years

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Interesting yeah and good for car knowledge on all things problems and just general faults and fittments but without everyone getting violins out it is under paid and stressful at busy times of year for the job you do ie : 2 reception,2 valeters,3 estimators 2 managers and 28 shoopfloor staff to now 1 person in the parts and an average of 70-80 cars in a week when busy

·
Registered
607 Posts
im a class 1 lorry driver easy work and fairly good money, only bad side is long hours but unless your a lawyer or something you dont get loads for doing short hours!!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Uncle of mine does a night time route from Reading to London and surrounds. He moved up from Rigids to Artics there a few years back. He really loves it. He is fairly up in the company. His load is a closed rig, so he arrives, hooks up and away to deliver a sealed load.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Im mainly a student at uni but been wheeling and dealing motors since i was 15, started a builders business with my uncle when i was 17 which went ok untill he got offered a job managing some premisces in Holland then i started importing cars but the economy went crap and now, i'm just buying and selling at auction. But ust want to get my degree and be an Accountant (everyone says thats where the money is so i'll find out shortly!!)

Vauxhall in Salford - I know that dealership well - keep an eye out for a 2003 Zafira GSI in that electric blue colour with reg T7 ASF and a 2004 Vectra 3.2 V6 GSI in dark green with reg K7SH M. The Zafiras coming in next month for an oil change :D I hope i can trust you to do an extra good job now :p

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh, uncle kaz is it?

you need discount, very special price [:D]

drop me a pm if you wanna sort summat out.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'm a Primary School Teacher, just completed my 6th year. I co-ordinate the teaching of ICT & Science in a school of 300 and teach a Y4 & 5 class.

Only been into VAG for 5 years, started as soon as I got my MkIV Golf. Now won't touch anything else! (Literally, criticise every other car, I'm so tragic!)

I really want to get into VAG cars a lot more - I would like to be able to maintain my car entirely, but I don't really know anyone in the trade whom I could spend some spare time working with! Hey ho, I keep my ears open!

·
Registered
607 Posts
[quote user="Stevee"]

Uncle of mine does a night time route from Reading to London and surrounds. He moved up from Rigids to Artics there a few years back. He really loves it. He is fairly up in the company. His load is a closed rig, so he arrives, hooks up and away to deliver a sealed load.

[/quote] i love doing sealed loads as it normally means alot of stop time/sleep during the shift lol and normally only one stop!!! been doing birmingham multidrop lately though so not the easy life im used to lol but still cant have the best runs everyday i suppose!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
When he first went over to artic he didnt rig his trailor up properly and drove off and let it fall to its feet! He was bricking it, his company seem good, they didnt make much of a fuss. Other firms he could of been out as its all electrical goods!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts