UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a search for 'Bose A3' but couldn't really find anything. I believe it has 12 speakers but what is the break down, is there a subwoofer and where is it?

Car is a Jan 08 A3.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
I've had a look in the brochures I've got (2007MY and 2009MY) and they both give a description of it as being "8 high-performance loudspeakers, 6 channel amplifier, total output of 195watts with specially tuned acoustics".

I'm sure they put the amp in the little cubbyhole in the boot.

HTH

Dave.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The 'Audiopilot' feature is a microphone mounted in the interior light overhead console, it monitors the noise level in the car and the road surface etc and changes the volume on the stereo/sound to try and cancel out the background noise,

It's a bit strange at first as it works the same as the GALA speed sensitive volume in the MK4 Golf, i hated that feature and always turned it off, noticed the A3 behaving the same when we first got it, tried to turn it off and found that Bose equipped cars don't use GALA due to having the Audiopilot system, got used to it within a week though and dont even notice it anymore [:)]

·
Registered
92 Posts
ah yes I remember I had that in my Golf. Soon lost it after I changed the headunit :) .

Beddie, do you know the output or power of the amp at all?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts