UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as a few might already know i have sold my a3!!! it was a pretty big decission but its done now and cant be changed! must say though it wont be missed! heres the bike i ended up with after getting messed around

also got a crappy little 1.5 dci [:-*]clio! its done 300miles so far on £20!! its £35 a year tax and £230 insurance! but its still french crap!! but then it does the job. and my bike is sooooo much faster than my a3 ever could have been!!! will still be floating around and helping out however i can!

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
That Clio is going to be cheap motoring from the sounds of it!!

Nice to hear that you'll be sticking around Gav. Have you been able to get out on the bike much? Pretty poor weather for biking at the moment.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hopefully very cheap motoring! decision was made by the cheap tax and insurance tbh! only been out on it once as i havent passed my test yet[cop] so didnt want to push my luck! got my test tomorrow though so all being well i should be legit by this time tomorrow!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers matey. hopefully i should pass done 4 mock tests today and passed them all so quietly confident! managed to work it so the car and bike cost less to insure and tax than my A3 did!! actually works out £150 a year cheaper[:O] but it will be missed in winter! still maybe when my insurance comes down for the car and i need a new one i might revisit my youth and get a better one! like your 170[drool]

·
Registered
7 Posts
nice bike.good luck with your test .the summer will soon be here .

here is a couple of pics of my mates GP REP he bought stunning bike and noise

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers mate. that is one sexy ass bike your mate has got there!!! i love the newer ones but didnt want something tooo fast for my first legal bike! could definately see myself on something along them lines in the future though!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Glad you will still be around!! Jut be careful with the Clio. Dirt sometimes gets through, and clogs up a injector and ruins it! I'd keep fuel filter changed regularly

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers for the heads up there mate! il get a fuel filter ordered/fitted tomorrow! ill be hanging around as when the wife finally gets her new motor it will probably have four circles on the front! anyway best get some shut eye as gotta be bright for tomorrow

·
Registered
902 Posts
And the bonnet catches! (Or have they fixed them?!)

Shame about your A3, but when needs must - you can't complain about the tax/ins/mpg!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers everyone will update later! forgot about the bloody bonet catches! will look into this one because i think they were recalled?!? not 100% though

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
They redesigned bonnet catches we fitted loads at work mate,nice bike what is it a 600? whats your wife getting?,all mates had bikes a couple still have,they loved the speed and freedom but it was the bike sat in the garage losing value around the 11months you cant use them in britain,kid i knock around with bought brand new R1 did about 400 mile on it then off loaded it because of the above,his brother had gsxr,then there is about for of them with fireblades and a yellow benelli 1 of 25 made or something but think that is the only one which will not lose money as quick.Nice to see your sticking around Gav though

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i picked that one up at the right price so im hoping not to loose too much cash on it when i come to move onwards and upwards!! PASSED this afternoon so have been out on it for the first legal time today! and it snowed!! to say i was peeed off would be an understatement! but still all done now ready for dry weather!!

hopefully the wife will be getting an a4 when i get roung to sorting the cash and selling her car. but not really that fussed about it at the minute lol

will definately have a look into the bonnet catch, was there a recall on them? it only does around 85 flat out so not overly worried if it does flip up lol

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Yeah if you ask the dealers but if you bought one now it would be the new design catch

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cheers everyone! not really had much time on it yet, too cold gowork on it and dont wanna get caught in the snow! hopefully if the weather stays dry will get the day out on saturday. fingers crossed!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts