UK Audi Forum banner
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Dave, i bought them from www.performancemotorcare.com , and i bought a wet and dry vacuum for the garage ,from b&q in there sale,it was 1/2 price 25litre, which i am sure will come in handy ,the one i use in the garage was on its last legs

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
arrrrggghh the tar is back!!!

Gave it a good clean and the tar is all back.... oh well....where did i put that petrol...

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Petrol Steve?? [:O]

Managed to give mine a very quick wash today. Noticed a couple of chips on two of the alloys as though something's flicked up and hit them. [:(] They were immaculate!

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Theres got to be something better than petrol stevee, it will remove all of the paints protection, auto glym do a tar remover

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Tardis seems to be talked about quite a bit.

I need to get some paint to touch up the chips on the wheels. Anyone know the paint code for Audi OEM wheels. I've seen "Avus Silver" mentioned a few times [:cool:]

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
[quote user="davemk"]

Petrol Steve??

Managed to give mine a very quick wash today. Noticed a couple of chips on two of the alloys as though something's flicked up and hit them.
They were immaculate!

[/quote]

He's not on about cleaning the tar off with petrol he is on about doing an insurance job on it because he is that tired of the problem! "No Stevee there has to be another way!" like leaving the keys in the igntion maybe?[:)]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
lol No i use simonez tar remover. Im sure petrol would do the job too....but not as good for paint work! I wonder if those products are petrolium based?

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
[quote user="stevee"]

lol No i use simonez tar remover. Im sure petrol would do the job too....but not as good for paint work! I wonder if those products are petrolium based?

[/quote]

doesn,t it tell you on the side of the bottle

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
[quote user="davelincs"]

[quote user="stevee"]

[/quote]

doesn,t it tell you on the side of the bottle

[/quote]

I'm sure petrol is

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
With it being a nice morning, i thought i had better give the car a wash, and wax, 2 thin coats of dodo purple haze

i noticed earlier this week that the car has quite a few swirl marks on the paint workwill be getting Jim to work his magic

on it soon, anyway heres a few after shots

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
The paintwork doesn't look too bad Dave. I guess it's one of those things that when it's your car and you know they're there...... Have you booked her in with Jim then?

I was getting embarassed at the condition of mine (even my mate pointed out it was dirty!) so yesterday afternoon I set about giving her a wash and wax. I even gave the missus' Fiesta the same treatment.

It was a bit of a rushed job if I'm honest but she needed waxing and I plan to do a clay / polish and wax session during Easter.

I've got to say, these pics don't do it justice. She looked lovely in the sun.

This pic was a bit disappointing - look at the rear quarter and there appears to be some holograms. Will have to sort that out at Easter - hopefully claying will remove them. If anyone has any tips, I'm all ears!!

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
[quote user="damianmkv"]Can anyone else see 4 cherry bakewells in Davelincs first piccy ?

[/quote]

sssshhhhhhhh be quite damian , everyone will want them

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Dave, i have booked the babe in with Jim, i want a proper shine on her, i did not notice all of the scratches and swirl mark on the car when i bought it, the majority have only shown up since the sun s come out

anyway less of thet , your cars looking good,have you had the rotary on her yet?

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
No, I've just not had time Dave. It's going to be a full day I think - I want to clay her first and then take my time with the polisher for its first use. Besides, it really hasn't been the sort of weather to relish spending a day out car cleaning! I'm banking on some decent weather at Easter so hopefully I can get it done then.

·
Registered
175 Posts
As I was flicking through the tv channels this morning,a product on Idea World shopping channel caught my eye.

Greased Lightning Showroom Shine.A product which,according to the man cleaning his car,which looked like an Aston Martin"is a waterless wash and wax which cleans, polishes and protects in one- it's the revolutionary way to clean your car and get that "new car" look in minutes! Showroom Shine will remove dirt, grime, road film, tar, tree sap, bird droppings and paint oxidation and is safe for use on all types of paint".

Have any of you guys n girls seen this product?And what do you think about the claims made?Have you or a friend used it!?

Me.......I'm very sceptical,waxing my car without having to get the sponge and bucket out to remove the dirt and grime!!!

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Waterless washing is bit of a can of worms from what I've read. Some say it works perfectly well, others say it must damage the paintwork. Personally, I'm in the latter group. A guy on anothrr forum had someone wash his car using a waterless method and he now needs the paintwork rectified due to the number of swirls.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts