UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all.

I had a nice little box delivered this morning, thanks to davelincs - a pot of Lusso Oro wax.

I'd been desperate to use it since it arrived a few hours earlier so, with an overcast sky, I thought it would be a good opportunity to try it out. Well, it'd be rude not to, I thought. [:D]

As the weather didn't look great, I decided to just wash and wax today. To be honest, it shouldn't have needed anything else and it was only clayed, polished and sealed a couple of weeks ago.

Some before pics:

So, I started with a quick pre-wash with the snow foam:

I love that stuff!!! [<:eek:)]

The car was then washed with Megs Gold Class with a MF mitt, rinsed and dried (dried twice actually as there was a little shower half way through the wax [:(]).

Then it was time to unleash the Lusso!! Now, it was a little strange to apply at first. It seems as though there's no wax going on the bodywork but that's how to apply it (apparently). I worked one panel at a time as the curing time is only 60 seconds. Buffing was very easy and left very little powdering.

The windows were cleaned with RainX foaming glass cleaner and an application of RainX repellant to the screen. Tyres were dressed with Megs Hot Shine.

Result pics:

Same shot as above but with flash. Check out that flake! [H]

And then it rained [8o|]. But at least it was a good opportunity for a beading shot or two:

So very happy with the results. Thanks again Dave (davelincs) for the wax - most grateful. I hope I've done the wax justice!

Dave.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a shame it rained although it looked like it would before I started so I took a risk doing it but I just couldn't wait! Hopefully, the rain will just run off. It's beading well so we'll see how she looks in the morning.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers fellas. TBH, I'm not sure whether it can be bought off the shelf. I'd say the best bet is online.

*EDIT* - Just read that Autoperfection is the exclusive dealer for Lusso products.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
[quote user="davemk"]

Cheers fellas. TBH, I'm not sure whether it can be bought off the shelf. I'd say the best bet is online.

*EDIT* - Just read that Autoperfection is the exclusive dealer for Lusso products.

[/quote]

thats the dealer, i also have some renovating creme ( something or other which is excellent as well) Sorry forgot the proper name

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it the Revitalising Creme? I'm going to get some of that. I've read that it's an excellent product.

·
Registered
607 Posts
[quote user="davemk"]

Thanks Gav. Get out there and clean!!

[/quote] just got back in lol only wash and megs quick wax today though, nothing major will get some pics up if i can find my camera lead gotta get some of my exhaust up for another post so really should find it!

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, there's blue / purple flecks in the paint. The Lusso has really brought out the colours and flecks of the Phantom Black.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Wow mate - that looks awesome.

Black waxed cars - best stance when clean clean (hence why almost all the cars i've owned have been black!)

Just a bit of a noob q - do you leave the foam on and just spray wash it off or do you have to sponge it with one of those sponges that looks like a detail view of my tongue :S

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kaz, you spray the foam on, leave it for 5 minutes then rinse off. That's considered a pre-wash to remove the majority of the dirt so you don't wipe it over the paintwork (causing swirls). You can then re-apply the foam and wipe with a mitt, then rinse or you can do a "normal" wash with a mitt.

During the winter time though, it's a good, lazy, quick wash if you just use the foam lance.

Not sure what sponge you mean, by the way!! Micro-fibre mitt is the only thing I can think of!! [:D]

Oh and thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I might have to invest in one - mines a bit on the swirly side but you can only see them when you look for them! Now i know why :D

Yes - microfibre thingy sponge! lol the name slipped my mind! lol

Lovely motor mate - any mods planned?

I just put some 09 A3 SB lights on to my mates 07 A3 SB an they look the dogs - easyish job too!

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Jim. I was kind of gutted it rained but at the same time really pleased with the beading! [:D]

1 - 20 of 108 Posts