UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today's loaner is..a VW Polo. What a shocker...

Brakes - err..no..none whatsoever...

Steering - redefines " light and vague "

Comfort - nope. The seats have no bolster so you just slide off going round a corner

Engine - Jeeeess...what a noise. 0-15mph is pretty good but it tails off fairly smartish afterwards..

Verdict : FAIL

Oh...and its not even been cleaned ( a minor moan but I think loan cars should be " of a standard " )

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yeah thats a 3 pot (the TDI is 3pot and the 1.4 is a 16valver) !!! Thing its the same engine they use in Sewing Machines!!

My mums got a Polo 1.4... it atrocious to drive... its everything youve mentioned + a clutch thats so light and a biting point that spans 10cm of clutch travel!!

Make you realise how good the mk5 chassis is!

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with the noise this sewing machine makes, it isn't a Singer...( boom boom )

Even my 2 year old pointed at it, turned looked at me and said " whats that ? "

[:(]

·
Registered
425 Posts
LOL.... i nearly put "Singer Sewing Machines" but i thought it would be lost [:D]

IMO the best polo was these ones! 6N2 i think!

Better built, better ride, better handling!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Mate of mine has a 97 1.0. The ring has been driven out of it he last 4 years and it's still going strong! It's a credit to how much abuse a engine can take. He even hits the ton when car is empty.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think i'd need ear defenders if I was mad enough to go over 50 in this thing - and I'd need a hell of a length of road too..

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No. New wiring loom as the hatch hinges had sheared the wires so I had brake or tailights and a new screen washer reservoir as mine split. Todays bill was ?374. Bargain

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Sweet lord above!! £2.5k!! [:O]

I think you're just making excuses to take the Golf in as you've secretly been wanting the Polo loaner.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep, I may moan about it but I'm glad I don't pay the
bills ! The polo was better than the salmon pink beetle cab they gave me once ! I think they do it on purpose !

1 - 20 of 42 Posts