UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all

Im new on this forum and am in need of some advice.

I have just bought a A4 Avant 1.9TDi sport 02 plate i love it,apart from one thing the gear s elector is very slack lots of movment even when in gear,and theres lots of moving between gears,it goes into gear fine and stays there fine,the did have a new dual m fly wheel and clutch fitted before i bought it, i dident realy notice it on the test drive but do now.

Is this an Audi thing or there a problem that needs sorting?

I did do a search but couldednt find anything.

Cheers Scott.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

My MkIV Golf was quite slack. My A3 is tight but it's fairly new. I'm not mechanically minded but if it's going into and staying in gear then I wouldn't be worrying. I'm sure one of the other guys will be able to give you a more informed answer though.

Dave.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
I don't know mate. When I first had my Golf, I had loads of problems with the gear s elector. It rattled all the time and they couldn't get it to stop. They ended up modifying the s elector and it always felt a little slack afterwards. At least they got the rattling to stop.

Presumably you only recently got the A4?

·
Registered
171 Posts
can be that the linkages are worn a little, combined with something else (cant remember which) was a common fault i know of on my old car, hence knowing a little as to why it does it! i wouldnt worry about it mate! just keep an eye and if it gets worse or it pops out of gears then you know you need to get it looked at!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Same as the lads above. If it's smooth and gets into gears fine, then it's prob a just a worn s elector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts