UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a freind of mine has an A3 1.8t AGU and i have vagcom 409.1 fully registered.

he has asked me to do a few things for him which include alarm beeps,autolock and i think it needs a throttle body alignment as it idles quite rough.( we will clean it). Now the problem i have is, when i go into the controllers i can't seem too communicate with the ccm to carry out the mods.

what could be the problem, thanks in advance.

also i know that my interface is capable because i use it on my golf mk4 constantly with no problems.

nick

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Do you know much about computers/ vagcom? Just im having alot of probems with mine - the serial to USB cable etc. Before i registered, a few months ago, it would test fine, now...it says, interface not found!! ahhhhhhh!!!!! Doing my nut in [:mad:] Sorry to hijack!

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote user="nickturbo"]

a freind of mine has an A3 1.8t AGU and i have vagcom 409.1 fully registered.

he has asked me to do a few things for him which include alarm beeps,autolock and i think it needs a throttle body alignment as it idles quite rough.( we will clean it). Now the problem i have is, when i go into the controllers i can't seem too communicate with the ccm to carry out the mods.

what could be the problem, thanks in advance.

also i know that my interface is capable because i use it on my golf mk4 constantly with no problems.

nick

[/quote]

It might not have a cent conv mdule (46)

Look at (35) cent locks instead.

Also you may need to code it rather than adapt it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
[quote user="hollow"]

could also be can based 2004 onwards not kline in that case you wont be able to talk to it

[/quote]Then it probably wouldn't be a 1.8T AGU.

Jon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it definitely is a 1.8t agu and does anyone have any idea how i would go about "coding" it as ct.p says above????

·
Registered
107 Posts
Go to the Rosstech site or wiki to look up the coding options for that car.

Did it have a cent conv (46) module?

Did you try central locks (35)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts