UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im looking for anyone who has vag com cables to fit an audi a4 b7 2006 for cheap or free is there anyone out there that can help?

thanks

mark

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so how can the guys on ebay get away with selling there cables and saying they will work with my type of car and still have good feedback withh folk saying yes these are good cables and such like?? i realy dont want to splash out £250 on a cable for this vag com seems a bit over priced?

thanks

mark

·
Registered
926 Posts
The Ebay sellers are thieves. Simple as. I report 'em as and when I find them.

Ross Tech do endless hours of work on VCDS to keep it up to date, make sure it works correctly, has no issues with the latest Windows versions etc. and also offer customer support for both hardware and software. Someone steals their technology and sells it for 1/4 the price, and eventually Ross Tech will go out of business.

Note there's a difference between VCDS and Vag Com. Anyone selling Vag Com cables could be entirely legal, but Vag Com as a product hasn't been supported or updated since version 4.09, after which it became VCDS. It's now up to version 10.6 and Beta 11 is also available. Vag Com 4.09 will work with an after market cable in limited functionality, and it's also sold by some people in a cracked form so it will use full functionality. But in effect it's so old that any car after 2004 or so is not supported by it. Ross Tech may have given up chasing people who insist on still selling this. It won't work with your car though, or at least it might have very limited access to certain controllers, but it's not Canbus enabled as a product so it can't work with Canbus cars.Vag Com 4.09 is still available from Ross Tech labelled as VCDS Lite, as a free download (as are all their products).

So overall, if you can find someone selling VCDS which they say will work with your car, and you buy it, and it doesn't work (or fries your ECU) then you deserve all you get in my view. Going to Ross Tech with your problem won't get you anywhere, and no doubt the Chinese bloke who took your money won't want to know either. I use my cable on other peoples cars as well. I need a product which works and isn't going to cost me £1200 for a new ECU every now and again.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh i see ok it was a mear thought if there is someone out there who has changed there car and still has a cable willing to sell for cheap or give away id be happy to sort somthing out its just for my can and most of my mates and family have vag motors so would be very handy to have but because of that i dont charge family for hommers and dont take next to anything from close mates thank the most iv ever taken from someone was ?40 for fitting a power steering pump a set of discs and pads and adjust the hand brake on a old mitsubishi evo 4 gads lol so buying this tool at ?250 is not going to pay for its self at all and i dont want to have to bit the bullet so to speak lol

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
[quote user="swankypotter"]

hi im looking for anyone who has vag com cables to fit an audi a4 b7 2006 for cheap or free is there anyone out there that can help?

thanks

mark

[/quote]

yes, i know the vag com 5.1 works well with the audi a4, and it is cheap, it costs about us$40.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts