UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a choice of three

yokohama parada's, says they're good in the wet or dry and mega nice thread pattern.

uniroyal rainsport, mrs has them on her car and seem pretty good,

continental sport contact, seem to be recommended by most as a good tyre,

im looking at 225/40 zr 18's they all come in around the same price of £170 for a pair so no difference there, question is what are they like for wear, grip, noise and wheel spin? i really like the parada's but dont want to buy them if they wear very quickly!! my car does get 'driven' so want something that can stick with it and now my budgets are worn down pretty well think i need some new rubber for winter. any help appreciated cheers will post pics of thread if i can figure out how to do it!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
i had the paradas on my bora, fantastic in the dry, unbelievable grip...

the wet.....not so but i would reccomend them, i got about 20k out of them to so wear isnt too bad.

·
Registered
510 Posts
in the wet accelerating tc on is ook.

in the dry you will struggle to get big wheel spin from them, even with the wet handling id still have them. in the dry they are really good

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmmm how good are they in the wet though are they good to a point or are they a hard compound? must admit i doo like the look of them

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Dunlop sports i had on my mapped golf and it never span a wheel since,good wearing and a nice tread pattern,so in my opinion them or the conti's

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
That's been my last 2 sets leach. Gav to be honest every tyre is ok in the dry, dunlops are great in all conditions, you need a good wet tyre with the type o winters we have

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tooo much choice lol heard alot of good from everyone ive spoken to on uniroyals, will have a look at dunlops aswell now then!! ordered my IMF at last today too that should be here monday morning hopefully so can finally get rid of my engine management light lol got to decide on tyres now!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
think its going to be uniroyals good chunk cheaper and i have first hand experiance on them. alot of the lads on the dark side have then too and they all seem to be happy with them, not read any sayind they're bad!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
got my tyres on today (still waiting for engine mounts to be delivered!!) and must say they are bloody brilliant!! loads of grip and no noise compared to the marshalls i took off! just need some rain now to give them a proper tryout!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes they came in £30 quid cheaper than sc2 and dunlops so ordered engine mount bushes with the difference! must admit we had a drizzle of rain here this evening and the difference is incredible i can actually accelerate in 2nd now in the wet!! very impressed with them and will definately be replacing the rears with them when they go. oh and as a bonus i sold the 2 old ones to my dads mate for on the back of his golf as he said as long as there's tread he doesnt matter how they handle because he drives slowly lol

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
A good choice of tyre there gav, one of my mates has been using uniroyal for years now, he swears by them

·
Registered
496 Posts
i had uniroyals on my golf and went to Kuhmos after and they're wasnt realy a difference.

Getting Yoko Parada Sp2 on the ATR - really good in the dry, ok in the wet :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts