UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my hubby was driveing audi gave it alittle boot them smoke came out of back and oil light came on it took all the oil ? had go home on back of truck gonna sent it of to see if he can be repaired but i guessing it cant by the smoke how much will new one set me back

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Yep it does sound like the turbo went in a big way. Its good it was turned off straight away. You can buy reconditioned ones for £400-500. Im not sure on brand new units.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Id say they would. I know I was talking to turbodynamics and they say it depends on the condition.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
they will take yours in exchange against another recon or new one at most places

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats handy gonna get it sent of next week to turbodynamics hopeing they can fix it luckly hubby is a mechinac used them alot fixed most turbos there sent just some they havnt hopeing they can with ours x

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Yeah they should have no trouble but there is other good turbo retailers out there,i would ring round for best price

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Hope you can get it sorted! It seems early for it to go....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
me to yeah its only done 54k aswell well gutted we had a gt tdi golf 150 and turbo went simlar niles aswell

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Maybe you already do, but it's always good to allow a cool down idle time before switching off the engine, especially after enthusiastic driving!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
It's just the turbo spools at thousands of rpm and then if you urn the car off the second you stop the bearing cooks. Compared to leaving it for 30secs- ie get wallet and phone and few things together, it allows cooler oil to cool the bearing down.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
update on turbo it couldnt be repaired as shatted inside so we went for a brand new one not recon as keeping car long term thought it may be best £700 we getting cambelt and service done same time so hitting the 1k mark so egg and chips for a while lol

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Shame it was a gonner! Atleast you know that all those big jobs are done for along time now. Just remember about the cooling down times and turbo will last years.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah thats what we thought just get it all done at once yeah we will make sure we do that hubby said he didnt know that but will do it from now on thanks for all your help x

1 - 16 of 16 Posts