UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
remaps=BIG gains i had my 140tdi done and noticed a massive gain. most places are around the £200 mark so fairly good value. not used the company though. where bouts in the country are you? r-tech,customcode, few others are highly recommended. i used rapid remaps in cannock, and was more than happy with them! the 225 with a remap will bring it to life

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gav

Thanks for welcome and info. I live near Alton in Hampshire so not sure who is lcal who can do remap.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Hi Swizzle, welcome to the forum.

As above, you'll see an improvement with a reputable remap so yes, it's worth it.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Remaps are always worth it mate, id dare say you should see 240-250bhp. Just be warned that the clutch will go sooner, a remap often highlights a clutch thats on the way out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys

It sounds from everyone it is worth while and £200 is about right. Looks like I will go for it. I am also doing brake upgrade Boxster S calipers, does anyone have experience of this type of upgrade?

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds from everyone that I need it!

I have checked the company but they are in Cheshire so as I live in Hampshire anyone know a company near Basingstoke/ Farnham that can do it?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yes yes yes yes yes! It's the one thing bizarrely I've not done (but is due as soon as I can afford!). As above, you should go to around 265+, your power delivery will smooth out, and you'll find it more lively and fun to drive [y]

C

·
Registered
496 Posts
We use to have a LCR with the TT engine.

We went with awesome GTI on our map and if memory serves me right, it was the APR map.

But, we had the stage one with a panel filter and it turned into a rocket and then a stage 2 with a bluefin exhaust and K&N Panel - it was a rocket. The chasis arent the best on the LCR so round bends it wasnt all that but in the straights, it was stupidly quick!

The stage 2 gives a bit more top end power but it was worth it..

Persoanlly, out of the Revo and Bleufin, I'd go Revo. They know they're stuff and never really heard any horror stories with them even though if they are a bit steaper in price.

HTH and welcome

·
Registered
17 Posts
With the 225bhp 1.8T a realistic power of 245-250/ 260-265lbft what you should be looking at from a remap with the stock downpipes and cats in place. Some tuners just quote unrealistic bhp to try ad get the sale if you know what I mean.

270bhp from a stock 225 turbo back system is asking for cherry red turbo glowing, See in many many times. You want to be looking at a map that has a wide strong torque band thats where the 225 make the power from a remap and really puts you back in your seat, not a massive peak output because your not going to get it, and if you do your going to be running a cherry red manifold with massive egts.

The best place to look is on other tuners rolling road days to see what the 225s are making TTs, S3s & Cupra Rs. You will find 240-250 is about what your going to get, even with filters and cat back systems.

Have a look here > http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/page.php?xPage=rr_ttf_130609.html

its hard to find a 225 running 260+bhp from a remap.

Nick

http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/GallerySCN010308.htm

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just to add our remap for the TT is £250 all inc which inlcudes rolling road session, diagnsotics, visual inspection, throttle body clean and dyno logging session. You should drive away with around 240-250bhp with a wide torque band, enough to make you quick on the track and put a big grin on your face.

Nick

·
Registered
17 Posts
[quote user="Mark-GTI"]

You will not look back
im sure the 225 BHP can make 265/275 BHP it will be a monster ! Until you want more power !

[/quote]

Have you any dyno graps and data logs from your rolling road I would love to see the EGTs? Its hard to come across a TT running a true 275bhp from a remap.

Nick

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
It's egts that people don't think about!! 245-50 is about right, won't the 210 do about the same?

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is about the limit for the EGT build up from the stock manifold, downpipes and cats at this point under full WOT extream held load on the dyno the turbo would glow a cherry red. This was on a mates car which we custom tuned to the edge of the safe limit, some times the egt will kick high the the thermal protection lambda map will take over and run the lambda at aroud 10.5:1 to help lower the egts at a compromise to the perfomance.

225 dyno graph

1 - 20 of 23 Posts