UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I recently had a flat tyre and attempted to get on my way by using the audi supplied kit, a foam/glue mix that you pump in. I guess you know what I am refering to?

Anyway it didn't work, turns out I had a nasty split and the glue/foam sprayed out all over me and the car.

Now I can't get it off easily and am worried that it may have damaged the paintwork?

Any suggestions?

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Audi garage that fitted the new tyre gave the car a clean which I think was a soapy wash. It didn't come off much and I have left it for a week or so. I have tried a little white spirit which didn't do much and also a little T_Cup stuff which I really don't want to have to use. It would work but I would probably do more damage to the paint in the process.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
hi christmasmonkey. welcome to the forum, we have a resident detailer on here you might have seen some of his work, you might be better off sending him a pm about your problem,before you try anything else

good luck and let us know how you get on

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Is the repair kit branded Audi? Whatever company is on the label should have COSHH info and they may be able to help you with regards to removal. Failing that, you might be best to get a pro detailer to look at it.

Tardis might be worth a try.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Whats your location, Monkey?!

As davemk suggests, my first 'go
to' would be Tardis (a solvent based tar/glue remover)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts