UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anybody else have problems with traction in there 130 TDI. I used to have a 4motion so not used to 2 wheel drive I guess, it seems far to easy to get the traction control kicking in. Should this be expected or is it my tyres.

Car came with 'Runway' tyres which I changed to Bridgestone RE040's, for no reason other than the spare had one fitted already so seemed to make sense to just buy another for the other side.

I used to run Goodyear Eagle F1 and hardly ever ever had TC cut in, was this just because iof the 4 motion or would a tyre switch help with this?

What tyre's are you all running?

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Im running Dunlop Sports and i only have problem with the traction when im giving it the beans in 2nd and if its really wet, 3rd sometimes tries to light a tyre. Im well pleased with the Dunlops.

In your case though i know bridgestones arent supposed to be the grippiest tyre but most of your traction problems are the fwd

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Yeah as its mapped then it will definatly do that...a standard 130 will do the same.

Dont know what tyres to go for next time myself....... fronts are starting to wear down abit....

·
Registered
20 Posts
same,,i had falkens on my golf and they were much better than the dunlops and perreli's i had on it. might go sown that route again

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
What was the wear on them like? Did they last long? How did you find the dunlops and perrellis in the wet?

·
Registered
607 Posts
ive got marshalls on my 140(remapped with milltek) and i only really have trouble when i give it major stick from take off but it dont matter what tyres you got really they'll all spin in the wet and most will in the dry! i turn the traction control off as i dont like the hesitation it causes when you let off then accelerate quikly it feels like the engine misses a beet, yet without it it just goes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts