UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys but im sure this a school boy question but is the tiptronic DSG or is just a single clutch system?? And will DSG be available on the A5s?

The old mans thinking of getting an a5 3.0TDI quattro... cant say i know much about audis!

Rich

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Tiptronic is your automatic gearbox.

Dsg is different because it has 2 clutches. It basically has 2 gearboxes, with the next gear lined up for quicker shifts.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote user="Stevee"]

Tiptronic is your automatic gearbox.

Dsg is different because it has 2 clutches. It basically has 2 gearboxes, with the next gear lined up for quicker shifts.

[/quote]

Will DSG ever be available on A5s tho?? Any idea what the 3.0TDI is like with a tiptronic box? I might well just go and test it myself!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Ive no idea mate. Do test it and let us know. Im not really a fan of any autobox.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well he bought it.... just taken it out for a spin and its quick! The auto box and the ride (even tho its on 19s) is incredibly smooth... much smoother than his a6 sline was!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Is there much delay when you stomp on the throttle? remap will see that car way up the 200's! Id say the grip is awesome.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A bit of delay while the auto box turns into rabid dog mode... [:)] It feels really solid and planted... good SW feedback too and the tiptronic is good although its not as snappy as DSG!

I think it remaps to 280 i think.... he wont do it tho for warranty reasons!

It was one that was in the show room so its pretty much fully loaded too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts