UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used one, have one, recommend one etc. My old MIG welder is pretty crap at most things, including welding actually, and it's main function at the moment is taking up valuable floor space where I could be putting a bucket or a plant pot or something like that. So rather than buy another one which will be pretty much as poor at most automotive welding I figured I'd go down the TIG route as I can still do heavy welding if necessary with standard arc.

So, any recommendations?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No welders on here then. [funky] Didn't think so really.

No matter. I stuck a wanted post on Freecycle for anyone who has a TIG welder they don't want and would like to give away. [<:eek:)] You never know. There was one cheeky fecker on there last year asking for a 4 berth caravan, an 8x6 garden shed, and an 8ft trailer. All on the same day and all straight out like. No mucking about. Dunno if he got what he wanted mind.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Can't help with the welder advice but your current welder sounds similar to my compressor - its there for visual purposes only! As for freecycle, that doesnt surprise me. My mate put some furniture on there and had numerous calls asking him to deliver it too. Cheeky sods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts