UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all, Ive popped over from uk-mkivs as ive just taken a deposit on my MK4 GT TDi, It should be going next weekend so in the meantime im on the lookout for my next car.

So far I have decided I want another diesel & I think its either going to be a A3 TDi (face lift model) or the MK5 TDi.

I have found this one I really like the look of

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1698194.htm

But thought I would ask some advice & opinions on here first. Anything in particular I should look out for in terms of problems?

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Porous cylinder heads on early TDi engines. Wheel bearings can be an issue too.

Welcome over btw!

Which is your preferred choice - A3 or MkV? Personally, I found the interior of the MkV to be disappointing. The A3 cabin was a much nicer place to be IMO.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I like the look of the interior of the A3 better, Would the S line parts be a direct bolt on to the one in the link?

Is that one a good price? I have a budget of about £6000 for one

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
I don't think it'll just be a matter of bolting on the S-line bumpers. The different, more agressive S-line bumpers were on the single grill facelift A3, not the double grill. You'll need a new bonnet and reinforcement bar. Oh, and the fogs lights, which would need wiring up.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I'd buy something standard Chris- not even remapped and then go and do all the bits yourself, it would of had an easier life

1 - 10 of 10 Posts