UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't driven the Audi for a week or so. Whenever I have driven it, it's been driven slow for the passengers. It was beginning to feel abit lethargic and slow off the mark.

But last night it was just me in the car. And without being dangerous. I let it have it..... For the first time in months. It really did come alive. Steering was direct and sharp. The car felt nimble but steady. The revs pounded up.

If you are getting into a rut with your Audi, take it for a burst..... I'm in love again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did the same yesterday , gave it some beans down some B roads and now I have a boost problem.......bleedin' typical [^o)] ( seems to be the old DV issue not holding boost)

I know what you mean though Steve about falling back in love with it [au] It is all you need to do if your feeling a bit fed up with your car![Y]

Rog

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The original dv is weak, they have uprated the standard one since. It's true, it really does make you loe the car again!!

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
I know what you mean. I drive quite sedately nowadays but every now and then she has a quick blast and it feels awesomely quick!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I still want more ooomph though!! but yeah i lover her when there is a nice road surface[au]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You cant beat abit of B road booty [au]

Good for the tdi too! 260 isnt enough leach? Must be the driver!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
[quote user="stevee"]

You cant beat abit of B road booty

Good for the tdi too! 260 isnt enough leach? Must be the driver!

[/quote]

Going down to statller with uber quick golfs,rs6's,porsches,ferraris & chipped up bmw 535's and X3 diesels TBH mine feels lame

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive not driven ferraris etc, but driven some WRX's, skylines and 300bhp Vw, and the power is fantastic, but to be honest, i never use it apart from abit of overtaking. Speed cameras, Passengers, there isnt much chance to hoon.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Hoon? is that a pre-war phrase for opening up the horse to stretch its legs or piling on the coal etc

·
Registered
171 Posts
Good old yorkshire, no speed cameras round me for miles and miles and miles! :) Know what you mean completely Steve, always puts a smile on my face giving it some beans - no matter what car you drive really!

·
Registered
607 Posts
[:'(] id love to take mine out and give it some sheet! but its gone!! got bike test wednesday though so all being well il have my bike out(if its dry) to give that some stick!!

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Sold it in the end then Gav? Gutting but there's no point letting it sit on a driveway.

Good luck for Wednesday!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Agree with OP, I drive sedately to work and home again. But weekends, I give it a good go!

I got an RS4 arb fitted yesterday and it's transformed the car! Add that to torsen (=real!) quattro, and it was bloody amazing in the corners! Best mod I've ever done! (Apart from the 'Bolf')

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How does it change the handling benje? Is it the rear that you did? I'd imagine it leans less in he corners.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
So whats hoon? dont just ignore me!! teach me like i teach all of you.new you were selling Gav but didnt know she had gone[:'(]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote user="leach76"]

So whats hoon? dont just ignore me!! teach me like i teach all of you.new you were selling Gav but didnt know she had gone[:'(]

[/quote]

Im afraid its neither!! Its a word invented by barry boys for giving it the beans....either barryboys or people from kent i think..

·
Registered
607 Posts
barry boys lol classic!!! i might join them in my new crappper! done 300 miles on £20 @ 110.9l!! and its £35 a year tax!!! will start a new thread when i get the pics uploaded!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats cheap motoring Gav! Hope it treats you well!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Haha oi easy with the kentish lines now [;)]

I know exactly what's meant by this, I have two "routes" for when I have the need... One's best during the day (and involes the A2 and M25 and A20), whilst the second is 4 miles of unmarked 7foot back road.

Fixes me every time.

C

1 - 20 of 28 Posts