UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was supposed to be a lazy day but Dad's looking at changing his car for a CRV or Rav4 and called to ask if I was interested in going to have a look around. He had been out looking on Saturday but hadn't had much help from a dealer near him (wouldn't give him a p/x figure) so I suggested that he should come to me and check out my local Honda and Toyota dealerships.

So he arrives this morning and off we go to Honda. One salesman was busy with customers whilst another one blantantly didnt want to be bothered.

"Do you have a CRV demo?" we asked.

"Yes, two, but they're not here; the salesmen have them."

"I've visited this dealer twice before and found the same thing - the demo cars are never here" I said.

[Shoulders shrugged]

"Wouldn't it be a good idea to have the demo cars on site at weekend?!? You know, when people are out looking for a car?!?"

[Shoulders shrugged and slight nod of agreement]

So, off we go to without any offer of brochures, prices etc., no details taken.....

We get to Toyota and guess what.......it's CLOSED!!!!! Midday on a Sunday and it's closed. The mind boggles why someone thought that was a good idea!!!!

So that was a very short car shopping trip!!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Crazy about all the salesmen taking home the demos!!! It's things like that could mean their jobs!!!

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
[quote user="davemk"]Nothing wrong with a Q5 Dave........ except for the price

[/quote]

Treat him dave[:D]

i see they are a tad expensive dave, it suprised me you saying the toyota garage was shut, with having 6 toyotas myself, i rated them very high for customer service, the garage in lincoln is normally the last one to close, 18:00 hrs,

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got to be honest Stevee, and as ridiculous as it sounds, I was outraged! I just can't believe that the sales manager allows the demo cars to be off site for what should be one of the busiest days of the week! It just seems ludicrous to me.

Dave, I was amazed that it was closed! Again, on what should be a busy day. Crazy. Dad's had a Toyota before (many years ago) and the service was very good. But closing on a Sunday? [:(]

What really baffles me is what sort of management makes these types of decisions! [:S]

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
its because no bugger wants to work for their money, Dave. Happy to take the money, not happy to do the hours...

and if thats what its like before you buy a car, imagine the joy of dealing with them if you had a problem...

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't even contemplate dealing with that shower. Dad eventually gave a different dealership a try and what a difference. He had some basic figures emailed to him on the following day and has been told to go in on Saturday and take their demo out for the day.

In the words of the salesman "We want you to be absolutely sure it's the car for you. I don't want to sell you a car and for you to drive it away unsatisfied".

Plus, they've given a good first p/x offer and hinted there's room to haggle. [Y]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts