UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone follow this ? All cars have to use street legal tyres, mufflers, pump gas and complete a 25-30 mile cruise. All cars must have MOTs and be street legal, no wheelie bars..

Just watching qualifying...http://www.eurodragster.com/santapod/live/2009fiaeuropeanfinals/default.asp and Colin Lazenby has just run a 7.8559 second 1/4 mile in his 56 Chevy at 189.63 mph. John Sleath has run a 8.0349 second quarter at 186.67 mph in his ( i assume ) Audi Coupe. Not bad for street legal cars !

Looks like a good weekend's racing ahead [Y]

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep ! Pricey though at something like ?32 but under 16s are free. Nothing like the smell and sound of the fuel cars...

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep ! Lazenby is rumoured to have a 13.4 litre engine. Others are 8+litres with twin turbos. In the states they are running 3000+BHP and high 6 second quarter miles at over 215mph... All street legal still. ( dreams.... )

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
[quote user="damianmkv"]My prediction was right, John Sleath won at 7.94 seconds at 190mph

[/quote]

Well done on the prediction damian, for your next prediction what are going to be the winning lottery numbers this week[:D]

did you have a good time?

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No chance of that happening ! Yep, had a great time thanks. The weather was perfect and there was the biggest crowd I've seen there in years

1 - 10 of 10 Posts