UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Im going to be doing a power upgrade soon. New injectors and turbo and FMIC. Want to get 200bhp. I need to change front pads and disks. As far as i know i have 280mm on the front. I know from mkivs that you need carriers and disks. Does anyone know what car they would come off? With golf i know off a TT or something but i was just wondering about the A4.

·
Registered
607 Posts
would say tt would be the same go for same year should be same either that or s4 same year? 200bhp from a 100 that would be an impressive gain ive been looking a hybrid the past couple of weeks hopeing around 230-250 from the 140 turbodynamics seem to be a good recommended company for hybrid

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the S4 would run even bigger brakes. Im going to keep my 16s so 312s are the biggest i can go.

Yeah 200 is double! Im basically transforming it to a pd130...........pd 130 injectors are good for 220bhp and i need to get a hybrid turbo. Prob hybrid a Garret 130 turbo and FMIC. Clutch too as it prob wont last 2 mins!

Will be cool when its done. Will take a look at turbotech. Do you have to give them a turbo to hybrid or do they provide?

Overnight i was thinking that the B7 model with the 2.0TFSI brake carrier could work maybe.....as they run 312s

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
230-250bhp would be well impressive. as we were saying though before we might have the slowest buid thread of all time! Because of family i want to buy bits as i go along. Injectors this month etc. So it could be later in the year when i finally get it mapped.

So for you its just turbo?...injectors are ok?......for me though i need new turbo and intake pipes and FMIC.

I know a good few lads that have 215bhp from pd100s. But i just hope i dont break a rod!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Oooo - Thats sounds tasty!!

Brakes wise, is the current setup the same as the A3 with 5x112 ofset?.

Im not sure on your model but on my A3, i could have changed the carriers to 312mm ones, added 312mm discs/pads and have a 312 set up - same as GTI MK5.

I think thats the biggest you can go with the wheels but my 345mm are amazing (but my hired C63 AMG is like crashing into a brick wall! :p) A friend has fitted those to an A3 - i can PM you a link to hs build up thread ?

EDIT

·
Registered
607 Posts
think turbotech do both exchange and new. yeah its just turbo and clutch for me but want engine mounts and coilies and arb's and another map. its the injectors that are limiting to 250bhp so might look into them next year

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool i might send them a email and see what price for a 130 hybrid turbo. the standard 130 turbo wont provide enough boost for 200bhp....more 175. But the injectors are good for 220ish. What clutch will you go for?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote user="Kaz219"]

Oooo - Thats sounds tasty!!

Brakes wise, is the current setup the same as the A3 with 5x112 ofset?.

Im not sure on your model but on my A3, i could have changed the carriers to 312mm ones, added 312mm discs/pads and have a 312 set up - same as GTI MK5.

I think thats the biggest you can go with the wheels but my 345mm are amazing (but my hired C63 AMG is like crashing into a brick wall! :p) A friend has fitted those to an A3 - i can PM you a link to hs build up thread ?

EDIT

[/quote]

hmmmmm im not sure what i have. I will have to check. Driven a VRS with 312 on front and 256 on rear i think. It has some stopping power. A good time for me to change as its before upgrades and they have been on there for 90k miles!!!!

Anyone change rear brakes too? they look tiny!

·
Registered
23 Posts
[quote user="stevee"]Hi all. Im going to be doing a power upgrade soon. New injectors and turbo and FMIC. Want to get 200bhp. I need to change front pads and disks. As far as i know i have 280mm on the front. I know from mkivs that you need carriers and disks. Does anyone know what car they would come off? With golf i know off a TT or something but i was just wondering about the A4.

[/quote] Good luck mate i hope it all goes well [;)]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will start a build thread eventhough it will be the slowest in history!

·
Registered
607 Posts
sachs seems to be the most recommended but need flywheel aswel as mine is dual mass (crap) so looking £1k for the clutch ill be waiting a while unless drop onto some easy money again lol

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah with fitting sachs is £1k. I have the 5 speed box so the vr6/G60 fly and clutch setup will fit mine i think. Brings down the cost and gets rid of the DMF problems. Wonder what the noise difference will be... Im going to get clutch done after the brakes...

·
Registered
607 Posts
i wish i had 5 speed ALOT cheaper than doing sachs but still thats what ya get i suppose might get the money there for it but leave til after the turbo goes on see how the standard clutch does lol ive not really had any problems tbh just want better to take the torque!!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
True, sachs really is the best way to go for you. And i can change the turbo and FMIC and a few bits, and get the remap at the end. Injectors will be a big enough thing to change. Rest wont be as hard. Bought the injectors today - pd130/150

·
Registered
607 Posts
what the injectors cost you in the end? i got roped into furniture shopping and spent more than my turbo would have cost in the end kitting both my little girl and my not here yet babies room!!!! still not much left to get now so hopefully i can start on parts for my upgrade soon. got new bushes on order from my dad should be here next week, hopefully get started saving this month

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was delighted about injectors. Guy from Uk-mkivs left me a PM saying he has some for sale. £200. Which is a bargain as they are 1200 new!!!! Was well happy.

I have all those family costs ahead of me yet! Myself and wife thinking of having kids soon....must try and get the car done first [:D]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Found out that i can upgrade the brakes to 312's. Im not sure what to do. Because when i dont drive around like a maniac. Most of the time im taking it really easy then just the odd quick bit of overtaking....

For the brake upgrade i would have to buy carriers that come from a A4 2.5tdi or 3.0 petrol. The carriers are really hard to find and the dealer prices are around £100 per carrier and then there is the price of the disks....

Not sure what to do....will keep a look out for second hand carriers.... do you think i need the upgrade?? hmmm

·
Registered
607 Posts
how big are the current set your running? im in two minds with my brakes (288mm) i think they're fine but had alot of people say they will soon give up with 200+bhp so not sure which way to go......im thinking dimpled/grooved discs and ebc red stuff pads keep heat/glaze down but keep disc prices down too!! do the car before kids mate its all money from the first pregnancy test!![:S] still must admit if they told me she needed the money my car would fetch it would be gone tomorrow!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
280mms are on there at the moment. You see i need brakes in the next while anyway. I think i might get the 312 carriers if i can get them cheap enough. Maybe some greenstuff pads - £60? and some basic disks.....

·
Registered
607 Posts
could be a plan i thoght about the 312 setup but doesnt seem alot bigger i dont think ill have to try my mates tt out and see how that brakes! you doing the rears aswell??

1 - 20 of 91 Posts