UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm currently on the lookout for a nice A4 130tdi sport, but have a few questions..

I have seen a few cars advertised as 'Sport's' but with different bumpers for what would appear on the face of it to be the same year and model of car (B6)

Am i right in thinking the 01-04 B6 Sports should have the mesh (or at least mesh look) insert in the rear bumper, or am i getting confused with early registered B7's?

I have had a good look around, and think these sport spec bumpers make a real difference to the look of the car, but i've seen a lot of 'sports' advertised that don't seem to have them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have a 2003 130 sport quattro and it has a standard rear bumper, no mesh or visible exhausts.

I think, towards the end of the B6's life, they started calling the sport's S Line instead, so maybe they got a mesh rear thing. they had the GmbH bodykit I think, or Votex or something like that. The mesh thing you're on about is probably associated with the V6 TDI/V6 3.0/1.8T as they had a different rear valance in order for the exhausts to fit out the back - the 130 doesn't have this, but it's easy to do as you just need a different (perhaps mesh) rear valance and some exhaust tips as the 130 tdi has (hidden) dual exhausts. Hope I've made sense.

Oh, also, the 130 tdi also came in quattro - I'd suggest you consider it as it's effing great!

·
Registered
1 Posts
as benjie said, you can also get a gmbh version which also falls under the 'sport' name.

mine is a 1.9tdi with the gmbh kit so not sure if bumpers are year dependant, possibly just spec. anyway heres a link for an example of the gmbh kit (exactly the same as mine so i thought id whack the link on!!)

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/AUDI+A4/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-240-4294966549-4294966807/advert.action?R=200922335079765&distance=254&postcode=tn255pf&channel=CARS&make=AUDI&model=A4&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=2002&vehicleRegLetter=52

·
Registered
902 Posts
Parkers says that the GmbH body kit was available from July 2003 onwards, but that means nothing really, anyone could've got it fitted to an earlier model as a modification.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not yet mate,

Still waiting for my cash to come through... [:'(]

Had a bit of a look around, but can't seriously look until it arrives... Hopefully be in by the end of the month, then it'll be a frenzy. [:D]

·
Registered
77 Posts
The kit in the pics above is the S-Line kit, I'm pretty sure its standard on the later sport models (around 2003 on) but was an optional extra on earlier models. The other kit that gets seen as a factory or retro fit is the Votex kit which is a lot deeper than the S-Line.

I've just got a 2002 TDi Sport Avant and the bumpers on that are the standard ones with grey valances (boo [:(] )

·
Registered
902 Posts
[quote user="garfie"]

standard ones with grey valances (boo
)

[/quote]

Me too! Got them colour coded for now until I can afford a proper front bumper... then side skirts... then V6 exhaust tips!

have you just joined (come across)from mkivs Garfie?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts