UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My brother is about to buy a A3 2.0 TDI (170) - he is chopping in his mini which has been chipped by superchips. He has told the dealer about it. As he has a personal plate on it he is having to fill out forms to put plate on retention as this will be the quickest method.

He is a bit worried about the chip and has never declared it on the log book. This is a grey area for me as I am unsure what you should and should not do.....

What his concerns are - should he declare it to DVLA so the log book gets updated. They say that they can inspect the vehicle, I am sure the chances of that are very slim. As I have done this before and they have not inspected the car. Would it really be an issue if he doesn't declare it? What are the chances of the dealers resetting it to standard (if that would happen there is no point declaring it)

What implications would it have for the new owners and would this come back to bite him after the car is sold??

Any advise on any aspect of this would be greatly received.

Thanks

Katy

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Katy dont worry about it to be honest,there is nothing they could do as all anyone would say as they do is they knew nothing about it neither,there should be no implications as this doesnt stop the car been serviced or maintained in the usual manners,many people dont realise there car was chipped if it was bought that way until they get a new vehicle which feels like a slug compared to it

·
Registered
77 Posts
From what I know you don't have to declare it to anyone other than your insurance company? but to be brutally honest these remaps are virtually invisable unless you know it's there. Remaps 99.9% of the time are coded to work within reliable parameters of your cars capabilities so I would go as far to say it will never become an issue! Also, as a fail safe make sure he does not hand over an invoice for it with the docs if he is going to say he knows nothing!

PS. Make sure he remaps the Audi!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts