UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im in Borehamwood Herts, and I must say we did have a fair bit [st] [N] but I managed to drive into work this morning. Luckily the roads were very empty, so did not meet too many idiot drivers on the way in. Its still snowing here at a good rate and bit worried how bad it will be by the time I need to leave work???

[:D]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

we're near Wrexham in North Wales and have about 8" of snow. It took my wife almost 8 hours to get home from work (in Liverpool) yesterday, and she was in my Navara 4WD.

I've been digging out and pushing a neighbours car up the road this morning as they need to be at Manchester airport to go on holiday.

Cheers

Neil

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
We had about 8-10inch yesterday,couldnt get car out and buses cancelled so had the day off work which they ended up shutting at dinner,but more predicted which great!!

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
About 3-4" in lincoln, the main roads are all clear ,its just the side streets and the country roads that are still covered in snow,and worn down to ice / slush

but the sun as been out for a couple of hours and the snow is now melting

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Not much here - about 3". Just enough to take the little lady out on her sledge later but not quite enough to stop us getting out today. Perrrfect.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Just started again here, and its coming down worst than ever, all the roofs that had cleared of snow are covered again

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Brrrrr..............just got back from sledging. I'm sure snow is colder than it used to be! [:D] I'm freezing. I can't feel the tips of my fingers!

She enjoyed it though. [Y]

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Main roads which link with town centre,motorways etc,these are normally packed with traffic but this is rush hour.

·
Registered
607 Posts
[:O] we had nothing like that here just a sprinkle probably 2 inch at most!!! not managed any days off work yet[:(] might have one soon just for good measures!!! still not long now ill be off on holiday!!

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
No over night snow here, just a hard frost, it feels like one big skating rink outside, just had the dog out for a walk , take care this morning

·
Registered
399 Posts
Jeff all here. We had less than 2cm. Now its' all icy and fun - I'm about to go Glacier Walking up to the station (hopefully the trains are settling down now, they've been a mess all morning for the first time this week!)

C

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Same here. Not a huge amount though. A couple of inches of snow overnight. It's very lightly snowing at the moment but the sky looks ominous again.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep we had just over an inch overnight, as if the roads were not bad enough as still very icy anyway. None of the roads near me have been gritted and a steep bridge right near my work is like a sheet of glass, even a 4x4 mounted the pavement its that bad!! Nightmare, I am so fed up with it all now [:mad:]

Bring on the summer [Y]

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
[quote user="k6tyw"]

Bring on the summer

[/quote]

Yeah i cant wait for that week also

1 - 20 of 51 Posts