UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have noticed that the A3 1.9tdi 2004 has a slight hesitation/splutter at around 70mph, its only evident if you just come off the throttle when say slowing then get back on the gas its a slight hesitation, you feel it also when on cruise control. Any ideas what this could be?? Car appears to continue to run fine and there are no errors logged.

I have fitted a new temp sensor (thanks Steve for pointers) but it was doing this before this changed out.

Cheers again

Mark

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Mine does the exact same and has done for years. I'm not sure if it's the maf, or the variable vanes in the turbo adjusting. It only happens on light throttle too.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh well thats good to know that yours is the same Stevee, its just you think oh sh*t something is wrong then car continues to run fine.

Were you off on your holidays Stevee didnt see you post for a wee while.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Yeah at the very beginning i wondered what it was myself but now im used to it. it doesnt do it very often though. Id say every 30 mins on a run.

Havent been around as much just with our little girl taking up so much time and looking at houses too at the moment! [:S]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
It depends if you shut it off soon enough and how the turbo goes. It damages the engine if the bearing collapses and looses all the engines oil. So then the engine seizes. Also the engine can overrun by the excess oil in the mix and rev itself to death. Apart from those dramatics though it won't ruin the engine. How did it go?

·
Registered
902 Posts
With reference to the first post, my 1.9 TDI does it too! I secretly panic about it sometimes. Happens to me at light throttle, or when I'm easing my foot back in the process of taking it off the accelerator pedal. It's like there's a bubble in the fuel and the car hiccoughs on it for an instant. I had convinced myself it was something to do with the quattro - the back wheels still driving, front ones not, so the car dips down a bit before the momentum equalises.

(Just reading that explanation I read makes me sound like a head mental!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts