UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys!

Time for coilovers [H]

Just wondering if there is anything I should be aware of? For example with the Mk4 Golf there is the ARB issue, and possibly a clearance issue with the adjusters and wheel if your running 8J wheels..

Any issues I need to know about before the slammage commences?

Thanks in advance!

Luke

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I dont think so mate. You might be the first. Does it ride high?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Each to their own? Lol I'd be more into power than stance, I know some have put on RS4 rear arbs that stiffen up the whole ride too. I wouldn't say there is problem with lowering springs. Will it make the ride crashy?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it is a matter of opinion..

But ive noticed, with all avants, that they suffer from horrible reverse rake. Im guessing that over the years the rear springs sag more then the front and this is the result. This is my main reason to get the suspension sorted. And because I cant be sure exactly how lowering springs will sit, id rather get coilovers to give me a chance to get my desired stance.

Personally, I'd like to get suspension and brakes sorted before I do any performance mods. Dont want the go without the stop.

Desired stance:

Luke

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I know what you mean about the reverse rake. I think alot of estates suffer from it. Coilovers definatly better. I think above is too low, but I'm getting to be an old fart!! Lol. If it ain't rubbin, you ain't dubbin!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Definetely do sag, theres a german plated old passat estate (i think) round the corner from mine and the back is literally on the floor - looks well dodgy lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote user="Dreadheadtom"]

Definetely do sag, theres a german plated old passat estate (i think) round the corner from mine and the back is literally on the floor - looks well dodgy lol

[/quote]

Yeah, saggage sucks..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Saggage would suck but at least with coilies you can wind it up to keep the stance sweet.

Luke - That white one hurt me! It makes me want a B6 Avant so much ... I may get another 2 jobs and start a fund [:DD]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alex, its the standard and sport springs on the B6's sag like old womans... you get the idea.

The white one is the shizzle [inlove] Really tough but not a scene following queen [y]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts