UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sky are now doing BB in my area and I'm thinking of leaving the hugely expensive BT. It's not going to be cable / fibre, just "normal" broadband. Who has it? And how do you rate it?

Currently, I'm paying a ludicrous £26pm for unlimited download but the speed is poor at around 2Mb. I'm not expecting any increase in speed but certainly don't want to lose any speed. Cable / fibre isn't an option around here

Any advice appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Blimey - that's pricey ! Virgin have stuck their prices up here so from next month I'll be paying £45 for 60meg BB, 175 tv channels and unlimited anytime home phone.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Sky BB is great, i've never had any problems with them. The normal is up to 20Mb I think but I only got about 5 so recently upgraded to Sky Fibre and now get 40Mb+.

Sky Unlimited is £7.50 pm IIRC

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it's £7.50 if you take the TV but I'm probably not going to bother with the TV option. Sky BB will work out at just under £30p/m for unlimited BB and anytime calls versus the £40+ for BT's unlimited BB and weekend / evening only call package. Plus I'll be earning £80.80 cashback, £25 M&S vouchers and getting 6 months BB free.

It's good to hear that they're good though - there's a lot of reviews about the poor customer service.

Cable / fibre would be great but it's not an option for us.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So fibre has finally made it to my area so I've finally got my rear into gear and have just got Sky Fibre broadband.

I have to say, Sky have been amazing and the switchover from BT has been nothing short of seamless (so far, touch wood!). Sky have kept me up to date, phoned me twice to let me know of the order progress and ask if I'm happy to proceed. The internet was on (with BT) this morning and is now on Sky so I've not been left without any internet, which was a concern of mine.

I'm getting a respectable 36Mb d/l, 8.5Mb u/l connection for a lot less than BT were offering. All I've got to do now is email everyone as BT have removed my email account.

So, it's a big thumbs up for Sky from me. Very impressed with the service so far.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could do but I'm refusing to do so, on principal. They're out to get money from their customers at every given opportunity - charging for a paper bill, charging for things that were free, removing free calls....felt like I was being taken for a ride so the thought of giving them more money to keep the email addy isn't an option.

It's nice to have a decent connection speed at last.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts