UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just bought a Audi A3 2005 Sportback, the second key and SKC keytag are missing.

Does anyone in london or nearby have the correct tools to retreve the SKC/PIN for me, ile show proof of ownership so people know i am genuine.

I want to put a new key on the car and remove the missing one, can i just get a fob and blank blade off ebay or do i need to get a new one (i read you cant code a key twice).

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Dont understand fully what you mean but my car only came with one key and i had to order the fob and key from the dealer,not sure but i think only the dealer can code keys as they are rolling code type and a request has to be put into audi/vag at milton keynes to do so when coding etc

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive read that peeps with VagTacho or VagCanDash can retreve this if required

I would like to have it so im not tied to VAG for stuff like this again in the future, this time it would be written somewhere safe.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Yep Vagtacho is needed to get the SKC. You can buy them off ebay and then get them coded. I tried to do that but for some reason Vagtacho couldnt connect with my ecu. So Audi was the only way forward. Ive the 3rd key cut to the ignition and alarm, but it wont get past the immo.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which version of Vagtacho did you get?

Does anyone have a working version of Vag Tacho that is approved for A3 Sportback 2005

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote user="Rustynuts"]

Vag Tacho isn't CANBUS enabled so won't work. You need VagCan Commander I think.

[/quote]

VAG K + CAN Commander is what i was told late last night, oh the complexity

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got vag-commander but it seems to not be able to read the code from my dash, dont know how many attempts it takes to retreve a key, anyone have experience with this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts