UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like a bit of loner in the TT forum atm [:(]

But never mind - someone'll eventually come along and start threads I'm sure, and this'll be useful at some point too I guess.

I've just ordered a set of Superlux 180 LEDs H6W replacement sidelights for my TT, as I've got the Xenon headlights, and you end up with white light, mixed with the normal sidelights that quite frankly look like honey'd up porridge (or worse, barf!).

Ordered from Aceparts (you can find them on eBay by clicking here). Ordered Saturday, sent out Sunday, with me Tuesday on first class delivery.

Fitted today, and first look is promising, but I'm waiting for this evening before I can really tell. They appear currently slightly bluer than the Xenons but we'll see.

I'll be posting up comparison pictures so you can see for yourselves this evening too [:)]

More to come later...

C

ADVICE: If you need help getting into your
lights, have a look at Wak's useful guides
by clicking
here

WARNING: I found out with Halfords and not this thankfully (although when I specified my requirements to Ace Parts on completion of transaction they agreed with me!) - the TTs seem to have one of two different types of fitment for the sidelights - one is a bayonet (might have spelt that wrong) fitment where it's pushed and screwed like your average household lightbulb, and the other is basically like just getting the bulb and pushing it into a permanent metal fitment). Never trust the Halfords book (stupid me), and be aware wehn ordering sidelights!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes sorry, I was supposed to download them Thursday but the excitement of this weekend's ring trip COMPLETELY sidetracked me [;)]

C

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes will be interested to see the comparison. This is next on my still long list of things not to do.....[6][;)]

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right, apologies for the delay, but here's some pics.

Here's the nearside wiht the old light in:

Here's the offside wiht the new LED in:

It's very hard to see in the pictures, but I think there's the tiniest sign of more blue in the sides compared to Xenons - but it's not easy to see at all:

PLEASE REMEMBER: These photos were taken on a compact digicam, so white balance etc shouldn't be taken as accurate. I'm happy with the LEDs as for 12 quid they're certainly a damn good start [y]

C

·
Registered
219 Posts
Compact digicam or not you could have cleaned your headlights first CK [:D]

They do look a million times better though 10/10 well done.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They were clean you cheeky bar steward... However being in mind it was bloody wet and I got stuck behind a tractor [:mad:] [:'(]

C

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha yeah and so easy mate that even a non-mechanical pleb like me can sort it [;)]

C

1 - 10 of 10 Posts