UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I found out this week that the fan control dials on my Bora are supposed to light up when the sidelights/headlights are switched on. Turns out the bulb in the middle (fan speed control) switch is likely to have blown.

I have never paid much attention in any other A3 I've been in, so don't know if the same can be said for my A3 as the Bora.

The fan direction switches on the blowers themselves all light up, as do the lights on the electric window switches, etc.

The lights on the window demister and air recirculation light up, but the fan switches don't.

Is this normal? If not, where about will I find the bulb? I don't want to start pulling the fan switches off and break one only to find the bulb isn't even behind that switch.

If there is a bulb, does anyone know the type of bulb, part number, or something?

Cheers
Grant

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I have no idea of the bulb to be honest. If it were me id take that bit of dash apart from the bottom, and taking the facia off, remove the clear plastic reflectors for the bulb and take the bulb out to check it. Then id put a tester on it to see if your getting voltage there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the clips around the center console and the dash look perfectly intact and everything sits flush as it should, so I don't think it's been taken out before, or if it has it's been removed and replaced by a very lucky/skilled person.

I don't know if they are supposed to light up or not is the problem - no point ripping it apart just to find out it's not supposed to light up.

·
Registered
425 Posts
If its the same as the VW ones, the bulb is behind the Fan speed knob. You need to pull it off with some pliars wrapped in some cloth so you dont damage the knob!

Its a tiny bulb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts