UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Dad has a Audi A4 on a 03 plate and it desperately needs the oil changing. Fairly simple task.

Just wondering if any other things should be replaced when the oil gets done. Pollen filter? Fuel filters? any thing like that would be really helpful

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
902 Posts
When you say Oil Change - do you mean an oil change service, or he just needs to change his oil?

If it's just changing the oil, it's up to him if he changes anything else - it's easy enough to do the fuel filter, pollen and air filters and they're cheap enough.

What engine is it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it think its just a air and filter change.

Its a 130PD which I think is a AWX engine code.

·
Registered
607 Posts
id say for the cheepness you might aswell do the lot while your under the bonnet i.e fuel, air, pollen im doing mine hopefully next weekend fairly cheep really, but then i do get trade lol. most expensive part seems to be the oil!!!

·
Registered
902 Posts
I've done the lot on mine chris and it reall is easy - the cage holding the fuel filter is a bit of a frigger, but once you loosen it make sure you use a good pull to get it up and out of place - when you disconnect the hoses have loads of rags to catch any diesel that might fall out and fill the new filter with the old diesel from the other filter to help it in starting. Get it going and hold the revs at 2k for a bit, idle, 2k revs, idle etc a few times. Should be fine.

I found the air filter a bit of a bugger, but got there in the end.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Easy to do, id change the air and oil and its filter. Diesel filter is every 40k.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All is done, oil change was easy. Think the airfilter just needs a change as it got missed out. It looked clean.

Not sure when diesel filter was done.

·
Registered
902 Posts
If in doubt, do it - all the filters are fairly easy and cheap - I found the air one abit fiddle, but not really hard.

·
Registered
77 Posts
[quote user="benjie"]

.....fill the new filter with the old diesel from the other filter to help it in starting....

[/quote]

Not picking holes benjie but its better practice to fill the new filter with clean diesel rather than the diesel from the old filter as any crap the old filter collected could be passed straight into your new clean filter.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I never have any diesel lying around though - and I think the diesel in the old filter is filtered diesel and the particulates are not poured out... though I could be wrong!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I wouldnt use the diesel out there either...suppose just a small jerry can and a few pound in it would do the trick [Y]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts