UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im currently looking to bin the a3 for an a4 + zx6r! looking to move back a couple of years and buy a bike to go with it. what sort of price should i be looking to get for my a3??

its a 2.0tdi sport,

3 door in black,

long mot and 3 months tax,

decent tyres all round alloys mint except one little scuff,

interior mint,

runs great,

remapped by rapidremaps(not too fierce but pulls like a train),

miltek turbo back exhaust,

lowered 45mm, springs only,

had common faulty throttle body replaced,

112k miles atm, with full audi service history,

its got dual climate control,

leather seats heated in front,

sport pack, sil protectors etc,

2 keys,

lots of reciepts,

not forced to sell just want to get a bike before summer gets here and the prices shoot up!!

anyone any idea of what sort of price i should be looking for on it been offered a reasonable price from a dealer but not sure wether to let him have it or try it on the open market!!

few pics

really not sure looking on ebay they varey from a 57 plate 170 for 10k to a 54 plate preface lift for 10k?!? to a 55 plate for 7k!!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
What year is she gav? I bet it's bitter sweet after doing so much to her! What type of a4 are you looking for? Ps, on the a4 rear folding seats were a ?150 extra, so without they aren't too roomy.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Its true the A3 is fast but its not that fast. You will have it all to do again with the a4! Be interesting to see what you make of them to drive.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
must admit i think the wife will end up driving the a4 most of the time lol! will get mapped i reckon, maybe more not sure yet, as ill have a bike to waste spend money on aswell lol

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hopefully lol, thinking of selling the wifes mazda so she can use the a4 in summer and buy me an older motor for winter. so not got her mazda or a nice a4 sat on drive all summer! i think 170 from a 100hp petrol should keep her happy for a while

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
which older motor do you think? Thats some bhp increase from the mazda!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol bit better economy aswell hopefully!! been thinking either go sensible and get a golf mkiv again but just a tdi cheeper the better or get a economy doesnt reaqlly matter motor and have a turbo like a leon or golf or maybe older like rs or astra still unsure on it though, think ill end up tdi more than likely lol

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
The older octavia's vrs, i think were gorgeous, and practical. Love the styling, alot better than the leon imo.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmmm never gave them a thought. think il be aiming around 3-4k for a old motor for me and prob 6-7 for an a4 which should leave 3-4 for me to get bike do test buy new helmet and leathers and insure!! cant wait now for summer to get here!!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Its along way from the weather outside the window right now! maybe its just me but ive always had something about them. Had a spin ages ago in a silver one, was quick and the leather really nicely kept.

Gtis would come in around that money too wouldnt they. Think my missus would be scared out of her wits if she saw me getting onto a bike!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol my mrs has took some arm bending as she came on the back of my last crosser, off road through some woods that i know very well lol no wonder she was scared!!! she finally caved last night so its all go now been offered £8,500 from a dealer my dad knows but not sure wether this is good/bad, been told on mkivs expect a bit more private, but its sitting on it and advertising if it doesnt sell!? but im going try him for a bit more and if not try it once on ebay and then gone.... dont want it hanging around too long as she might change her mind lol

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Thats the thing, maybe try a quick sale ad, and see if someone wants to buy it. Im not up on car prices to be honest so i couldnt say if it is good or bad, but private is normally more. Could be worth a grand to you?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i was thinking around 10k give or take 500 so the 8500 was a reasonable offer i thought considering a 1k mark up to sell it which is what most people look at. think il tell him 9k he can have it see what he says, if not itl be on ebay for 9500 bin need it gone ready for a bike i spotted!!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Especially as it's a spotless example with alot of work done on it.
No harm putting it on eBay for that kind of money, even over on mkivs, there's always people that hop over to audis and would appreciate the work done

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Nooooo, don't do it! [:D]

Price wise, I wouldn't have a clue but, looking at those pics, it'll be snapped up. I suppose the price depends on how keen you are on the bike!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im very keen on having a bike!! its alsoo get the bike and test done before the mrs changes her mind lol i had found a bike but unsure now as i managed to get a much better quote for a 600 so the 400 might be out of the question now!! soooo much choice[:S] lol waiting for him to get back to me at 9k told him hes got til weekend then its on ebay

·
Registered
510 Posts
sounds like youve got similar plans to me, but ive already got the a4.

gonna do my bike test feb and already agreed to buy my mates zx6r, ive already got hemet and gloves, just need to get some leathers and gloves and im good to go

1 - 20 of 39 Posts