UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything on the market suitable for removing scratches on a windscreen? Mine (on the van) is damaged at the top of the wiper sweep where some dimwitted pharmacist hasn't changed the wipers when they were knackered, and it's scratched a section about an inch wide and about four inches long.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had this on the Golf but never found anything to resolve it..

APPARENTLY there is/was a product on the market from the USA claiming to be like a t-cut for glass. A friend claimed he found it on ebay and managed to remove scratches from his windscreen saving him the cost of replacing his heated screen...

Not convinced personally..

Luke

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, I've been thinking. I keep a lot of fish (in glass tanks obviously) and I remember someone selling a product which could be used to polish out scratches on them. It was a fairly easy job (but time consuming) with a rotary polisher, but general consensus was that it was easier to buy a new tank and transfer the fish / tank contents into the new one than try keeping them in temporary accommodation while the job was done. Consequently, not many people used it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You can get some stuff called rouge powder, but if the scratch is deep enough to feel with your finger nail is probably not going to come out.

Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts