UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have retro fitted the RNS-E into my A3 and I have the Bose, when I bought the unit the guy adapted the wiring to accomodate the Bose, however the Voice on the Sat Nav does not always work - sometimes it works straight away, sometimes its faint and crackly and often it does not work at all. Its even not worked at all and then when I get to the destination it starts talking.

I am not sure if it would be an issue with the wiring that could cause this to work intermittently, has anyone any suggestions???

Katy

·
Registered
107 Posts
When you say Bose do you mean the proper Bose system rather than just the boot mounted sub?

Reason being the proper Bose setup needs coding via vagcom and vica versa if you only have the sub. A slim chance but a might be. Have you / John scanned it for faults and done the speaker output tests ?

However, if the loom has been butchered in the past, that probably is the first place to look.

There is a American Audi forum, the name of which escapes me that has a very good RNE-E section.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Colin

Long time[:D]

The car was untouched before we got hold of it lol

It had a double din symphony 2 fitted which when turned on would display BOSE on the start up screen also the door speaker covers are bose plated with dash centre speaker and yes the sub is in the boot.

So I would say its the full bose system.

When we bought the RNSE it came with all the diversity adators etc and what I could make out was a Kufatek ISO-quadlock adaptor with all the wires being grey.

Me with my skills was still a bit sh1t scarred of moving the bose pin to earth incase I cooked the unit although when we bought the unit the guy asked if we had Bose to which we said yes.

And Ive done all the coding that im aware of using VCD'S

Its just all the damn grey wires that are making me nervious.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am out of answers then. If you have connected the Bose wire and coded the unit to suit.

Did you use a full and new kufatec loom? Maybe I mis-read but I'm sure Katy mentioned the loom has been adapted somehow?

Was the donor car also an A3? Saying that you probably re-coded it to your car upon install anyway.

The bloody DVD player is on it's way out on mine I think. Get lots of disc read errors but there again the disc isn't the best.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Im not sure if the bose wire is in the correct position in the adapter ( all wires are untouched ) as i took it the loom was the correct one for bose

It did come froman A3 and ive fully coded it t suit our a3.

With regards to yours are you using copied disc's if so try getting a genuine one as we had this we bought the unit cheekily it was supplied with a copied disc and a cheap one at that which the unit didnt like and ran sooooo hot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts