UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new RS4 rear anti roll bar last night!!! wwhhoopp!!! it should make a big improvment to the turn in and how flat it corners. the stock S line bars 18mm thick, the S4 is 22mm and the RS4 is 24mm!!!!

heres the part numbers if anyone else wants them.

8E0 511 409 AL - Stabilizer

8E0 511 327 A - bushes x2

8E0 511 439 - clips x2

it takes aboout 15-25min to install thats all! and the cost is less than £80 all in, (£60.65 on trade
)

theres a guide over on the audi-sport site how to do it but Ill take some extra pics when U do it and do my own guide

·
Registered
399 Posts
Photo guide as you go would be good if you can be arsed chap - be interesting to see what you make of the 6mm difference [;)]

C

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its on now, TBH i didnt bother photoing it as theres a very good guide here -http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=75137&page=2

Ive not been able to really push it yet as the g/f has whipslash as some one ran into her the other week and its buggered her neck up good and proper [:'(] so high speed cornerings been out so far..... but as soon as shes better / not in the car it will be pushed!

the first signs are good though, it already feels a bit more composed, even at lower speeds round islands.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
How long did it take you to do it? Its a mod I'd think of doing too!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you only have one exhaust box then its abit easier, but I did it in just over a hour, and that was with the car on the ground, as i cba to get the ramps out... if i had it would have prob been a bit easier.....but its well worth doing. on a ran today even with 5 adults in the car and 1/2 tank of fuel it was cornering flatter

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Does it come with the new bushes fitted or are they still hard to get in?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The new bushes have a split in them at the back so they can be opened up and placed over the ARB, dead easy! the clip then goes over the bush, again easy peasy!

it really isnt hard, the worse bit is feeding the new back into place with 2 exhaust boxes, and then trying to hold it up... but if you have a helper to hold the other end in place / some otehr way of supporting it then its even easier!!! but I managed on my own on the drive

·
Registered
35 Posts
You mentioned in another post that you got a scuttle / battery tray cover from an RS4? Where did you get this and how much was it please??

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote user="J10NNH"]

You mentioned in another post that you got a scuttle / battery tray cover from an RS4? Where did you get this and how much was it please??

[/quote]

it can be ordered from audi or TPS (VW group trade parts outlet) its the pelumn cover as fitted to RS4 and some other models, you also need the battery cover too, the cost is £18 or so for the cover and £8 or so for the battery cover (i think thats what I paid) the down side is the ecu cover top makes up the corner in the drivers side, on a RS4 model etc the top is raised up an extra 1" or so to meet the cover, but the normal models ecu box tops dont sit at the same level, they are lower, and the RS4 ecu box top doesnt fit the bottom in the other models. I am yet to find a top that fits... the only option seems to be fit a new top and bottom ecu box, but I feel this is a lot of hassle for little gain, theres pics of mine somewhere I think, if not I can take some more.

Karl.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have this and am fiting it to my B6 A4 quattro a week Saturday... and I can't bloody wait! Everyone says they're great, though I haven't ready what anyone with quattro thinks - my car's already pretty good in corners (as long as a certain degree of power is maintained!) If it improved, I'd be very, very impressed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi M7R,

I appreciate that this is an old thread and apologise for dragging it up but I had a quick question, you quote the part numbers for the bushes from your original anti roll bar (specifically 8E0 511 327 A) however in the article you linked to with the guide the author quotes different bushes (8E0 511 327 D) I assume these differ due to the different diameter bar but were you able to fit the "A" bushes or did you need to order the "D" bushes?

Cheers, Mojo

·
Registered
720 Posts
It shall be a worthwhile addition when fitting coilovers then, so I think a trip to the dealers will be in order when I return from my jollys in November.
Is there anyone with etka that can check that the part numbers in this thread still correct?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts