UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any good companies that can do this with genuine parts?

Also anyone know how much Audi would charge to retrofit?

Thanks..

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Think there are some ebay ones. Not sure how good they are though. Worth a look.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Colbornes are the only dealers in guilford, aren't they ? Not had amy dealings with them though. Apart from that, what about Walton on Thames ?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Aren't Colbornes the same tossers who've got Camberley though? If so, they're not very good.

C

PS - I bought the TT from Camberley.

EDIT: Swear filter not working, will raise a post in the help section - swearing edited.

EDITTED - swearing removed

EDITED - EDITED only has one T! [:p]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's funny, Camberley is where I test drove the new A3 Sportback.

damianmkv, are Walton on Thames recommended?

I'm guessing any of the Colbornes dealers are not?

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Ryan, my golf came from colbornes Guildford and I had nothing but trouble with them so I took it to Woking and they've been ok. We have company passats. From Walton and they've been ok. As far as audi are concerned, Colborne own Guildford and Camberley but I have no experience of them - only Chris' horror tales so I'd steer clear of the latter. My MD uses Walton and says they're alright but slow bit again I have no issues. Sorry but I can't be of much real help on this one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks damianmkv, I think I'll steer clear of Colbornes then. May give Walton or Woking ago then.

Anyone have any experiences with Basingstoke Audi? Although I fear they may be part of the Colbornes group.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Davelincs did they colour code the sensors for you in that price or are they just black?

Just did a search on google and Colbornes own Guildford Audi, Basingstoke Audi and Camberley Audi. Also looks like they own VW in Walton and Woking.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Colborne Audi are guildford, Camberley and Basingstoke. I got my audi from Basingstoke but only because I knew the salesman and was pretty much guaranteed good service. He's moved on to Newbury now though...

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
[quote user="ryanstewart9"]

Davelincs did they colour code the sensors for you in that price or are they just black?

Just did a search on google and Colbornes own Guildford Audi, Basingstoke Audi and Camberley Audi. Also looks like they own VW in Walton and Woking.

[/quote]

·
Registered
7,817 Posts

[/quote]

·
Registered
7,817 Posts

[/quote]

ryan, colour coded was in the price, looked at the bill on tues night £ 294 inc vat

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
[quote user="gavnayshgttdi115"]

mine are standard fit from new and they dont always work correctly sometimes when you put it in reverse they just do one long beep then stop working?!?

[/quote]

i have had no problems with mine gav

·
Registered
607 Posts
hmmmm might have to look into this one then it started doing it the first time i wash/waxed it so might have them off and clean them all out and check wiring?

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
gav, did you apply wax over the sensor, if so thats probably why you are getting a continuous beep, to much wax on the sensor

a mate of mine installed his own sensors and put to much spray paint on them they beeped continuous when he s elected reverse

1 - 20 of 24 Posts