UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Im really really really stuck on my caliper colour and desperatly need help.

I;ve got these calipers:

I want to do them red as I'm planning to get some black wheels with a red pinstrip to give this kind of look:

I was considering black calipers but with black wheels, you cant seem them at all (as the black BMW demonstrates).

I dont want to stick out like a soar whumb but i dont want my brakes to NOT be noticeable either....IMO, i think the black wheels will tone it down..

Does anyone share my opnion that with Red brakes covered with black bbs design alloys with a red pinstripe would look good and not boy racierish?

Cheers guys

·
Registered
219 Posts
IMO the red/black combo looks the dogs. If your keeping standard colour alloy wheels then black calipers would look better.

The black/red ch's are a stunning wheel.

·
Registered
399 Posts
No arguement from on Stevey's line.

What I will say is this though, if you go for the red rimline, then you gotta keep that red bright and the tyres black... It doesn't look so clever when things start to fade!! [:)]

G'luck!

C

·
Registered
62 Posts
Agree with both comments above, i think if you go for the black wheels, on a black car, the red calipers will be a lot better. It will depend what wheels you go for though whether there will be enough spokes to cover the calipers to not make them stand out too much (if that makes any sense [*-)][:cool:]) - i.e something like the CH's above would look better than with a 5-spoke RS6 wheel....

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spoke to someone who had the fade prob but apprently, the lip comes off (even when the tyres on!)

And it will be the CHs..always wanted a set and hopefully, i should be able to get a set for summer 09!

But should get the brakes on this Sat (Yes, I'll be fitting brakes on my birthday! - How sad am I :p) and then a Remap :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the brakes on and they look sweet !!

Glad i went Red as you can barely notice black and with Red, they do stand out but i think the black wheels in the summer should tame them down.

Also, i went from the standard A3 brakes (288mm i think) to 345mm and they've not even properly worn in yet but what a difference! You touch the pedal abit and the car stops effortly!

One think i noticed with my standard brakes is that if i pressed them hard without slamming them at 80mph, I'd never be able to stop in time in case of emergency. I think this may be down to my pads being worn as well as the brakes being the size they are (the yellow pad light wasnt on though and the pads had a few thou left)..

But with these....it rips your face off!! :D They're awesome brakes! Just need to get the 312mm rears on now but, the brake pad light came on in my aunts TT so got to do that this weekend (which was my last free weekend before all my assignments are due)...Lucky me :(

I'll get some pics up soon... Cars a real state...not been washed since end of Oct! Winter time hey!

Thanks for the help on the colour guys !!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only a quick one on my phone (I'm keeping the other mods a secret till summer :p)

The rears arent on yet

They look ok but once i find a set of decent 19s, get it slammed with a few other tweeks, they should look pretty good! If not, they're going Black :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts