UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k, last night I was reminded exactly why I never use public transport. Following Gregs birthday festivities at the German market festival in Manchester myself and Kerry headed to Mc/r Piccadilly to catch our train home.

This is the summary of our journey :-

19:00 brisk walk to the station

19:30 arrive and find platform

19:50 trian is running late and now doesn't stop at our stop, a change at liverpool is required

20:05 get on train and clean up someone elses mess

20:15 already getting fkd off with yob's on train

21:05 arrive at Liverpool lime st

21:06 get told last train to Runcorn left at 21:00 (wouldn't have missed it if the other train was on time), tough sht mate go get the bus or a £45 taxi

21:20 arrive at wrong bus station

21:40 arrive at correct bus station

22:10 bus arrives (late)

22:11 - 23:00 drive the LONGEST possible way home, touring some of the loveliest crime areas, stopping to offer lifts to every non normal person in the entire area every 2 mins and having to listen to some bloke rant on about how his life was so perfect (seriously mate did you see your reflection in the window as you licked it?)

23.01 Finally arrive in Runcorn with a ten min walk until im home

23.11 Home and straight to the Jack Daniels.

Yes thats a total of 4h 11 mins to travel roughly 27 miles, and the overall cost? a few pence shy of £25.

So the car including parking in town would have been cheaper, warmer, cleaner, more comfortable, had music, been about 130mph and 4 hours quicker, dropped me off outside or, If I felt the need................. been in France in by the exact time I got home last night.

And back to my rant the other day about the congestion charge, does the government really think we should all commute to work this way? then lets see them lead by example and go first.

Ahhhhh glad I got that off my chest..........

·
Registered
2 Posts
AAAGGGHHHHH

dude I'm sorry to hear you had a bad trip home!!

I'm probably going to make you a little sick here but I got in on two trains in about 45mins (no charge)

and got back on 1 train in about 30mins (again no charge) [;)]

Hope the JD made up for it a little though mate.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's your birthday dude so im glad you had a free and convinient ride home!

Everything else was wicked though, cant beat eating crazy food and drinking crazy beer, even if your toes end up falling off [:D]

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
[quote user="SteveyD"]Yes thats a total of 4h 11 mins to travel roughly 27 miles, and the overall cost? a few pence shy of £25. [/quote]

You should've walked .....you'd have been home in similar time but with £25 in your pocket! [:D]

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mate I was all up for a walk but you know what women are like with there ill fitting shoes................

·
Registered
99 Posts
?4.40 return and appx 25 mins, no changes.

You can stay at mine next time Steve, that sounds like a nightmare.

Beddie came to pic Emma up, you should have come here and piled in the back of his van lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Chris, I wish I would have walked home instead!

Other than that though it was a really good night, a bit different but a good laugh all round. Shame we all went so early because the beer was just starting to go down nicely

Not a chance im getting in the back of Beddies van, seriously........ take a look at all his super wipes, terry towels and cable ties and you will understand why!

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
[quote user="SteveyD"]Not a chance im getting in the back of Beddies van, seriously........
take a look at all his super wipes, terry towels and cable ties and you
will understand why![/quote]

I've heard it's the chloroform and rohypnol that you really need to be worried by. [<:eek:)]

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote user="davemk"]

I've heard it's the chloroform and rohypnol that you really need to be worried by.

[/quote]

I don't know what your on about....... I didn't feel a thing last time thanks to that stuff [:O]

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote user="davemk"]

I've heard it's the chloroform and rohypnol that you really need to be worried by.

[/quote]

I don't know what your on about....... I didn't feel a thing last time thanks to that stuff [:O]

"Dont worry...... when you wake up it will be all over with"

·
Registered
99 Posts
[quote user="SteveyD"]

Shame we all went so early because the beer was just starting to go down nicely

[/quote]

It was only supposed to be a daytime session, don't forget some of us started at 2pm so it had already started to go down nicely lol. I was merry enough for the occasion, could have got silly had we hit the bars.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote user="wellsy"]It was only supposed to be a daytime session, don't forget some of us started at 2pm [/quote]

Its fashionable to be late [H] im sure you know how organized I am by now [:D]

Well roll on the Christmas Doo, they usually have a few "home brewed" beverages on offer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts