UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone watched this???? If this doesn't work, I'm not sure anything will.

Don't watch it if there's kids around.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Just shows you doesnt it. Im sure we are all guilty for getting distracted while driving. Whether phone or smoking, anything at all that takes attention away is a killer....

·
Registered
153 Posts
[quote user="Stevee"]

Just shows you doesnt it. Im sure we are all guilty for getting distracted while driving. Whether phone or smoking, anything at all that takes attention away is a killer....

[/quote]

Agreed mate

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
I saw this on the news yesterday morning, but i agree with both of you anything that distracts you whilst driving ,can kill,but i would think that 99.9% of us know that, but how many of us carry on doing it, i have the occasional *** whilst driving,i also drink from a water bottle, i do not use ths phone though, i suppose it is well worth thinking about,before any of us get behing the wheel

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I used to smoke in the car and know how much you worry less about whats on the road when you dont know if the cig end you flicked definately went out of the window,just so silly things when you take a step back to look at them

·
Registered
607 Posts
must admit i use the cab phone a fair bit whilst im driving but txting is a big NO when on the move, maybe the odd short yes or no when sat in traffic. and i think everyone thats ever smoked in the car will have had the looking round for a nub end thats come back in the window!!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Also turning round making sure the hostage is safe and not trying to wriggle free

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote user="gavnayshgttdi115"]

must admit i use the cab phone a fair bit whilst im driving but txting is a big NO when on the move, maybe the odd short yes or no when sat in traffic. and i think everyone thats ever smoked in the car will have had the looking round for a nub end thats come back in the window!!

[/quote]

I was in the car with a couple of mates years ago. The driver was smoking and went to put his cig in the ashtray but, in the dark, had difficulty in finding it. By the time he managed to find it, we were on the grass verge of the central reservation. The car nearly rolled by the time he'd got it back to the road and it was only good luck, rather than good driving, that he remained in control. A short lapse in concentration which could have ended up being really nasty.

As above, I think most of us are distracted at some point whilst driving.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
[quote user="leach76"]

Also turning round making sure the hostage is safe and not trying to wriggle free

[/quote]

Thats why i have a van and a car, van is just needed for some jobs

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote user="leach76"]

[/quote]

They can't wriggle free if you use the correct knots. [;)]

·
Registered
153 Posts
[quote user="davemk"]

[quote user="leach76"]

[/quote]

They can't wriggle free if you use the correct knots.

[/quote]

Thats why i had to past my test the hostages werent bothered about been taken but been asked to assist on hills on my tandom they drew the line plus they were getting spotted as i made off

·
Registered
496 Posts
Bloooody helll...

Scary..

Lesson learned - dont text and drive.

(And buy german! - Who would put their daughter in a Ka though - surely they have a crap safety rating?) :S

1 - 12 of 12 Posts