UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys have any ideas as to why my car suffers from poor hot starting? It starts fine when cold but is quite reluctant to start when hot. It's a 2.0 TDI (BKD engine)

I have changed the CTS but it had no effect.

Regards

Phil.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Been reading alot of threads, most suggest either the injector o ring seals, the o rings on the top of the fuel filter, dirty egr valve, fuel temp sensor. Try checking all fuses aswell, sometimes its something simple.

Unplug the temp sensor and try hot starting it without it connected and see does it make any difference.

Ps. Has the car been remapped?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Do see if any of those things make a difference and let us know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok guys I hade a chance today to remove the CTS plug while the engine was hot and the car started perfect. I then replaced the CTS plug and tried it again This time it took a couple of seconds to start!!

As I installed a new CTS 2 weeks ago why is this so. I tested the old CTS at cold and the reading on my metre was the same as the new one.

Regards

Phil.

·
Registered
510 Posts
it would seem so, you could do with watching the temps on vag-com from cold to see if it raises uniformally with the instrument display

·
Registered
191 Posts
am also having this probelm am thinking of doing hammon mod to cts but am looking at other ways first as cant find wiring for the 2 wire cts to do it.

i have also asked a maper to see it's possible to programe car to inject fuel into car every time car is started.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts